issues in mach 3?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

issues in mach 3?

Post by tm america »

I have a homemade cnc plasma table i am running mach 3 to run the machine the issue i am having is when the torch initially triggers it makes the z axis go to a negative number like -.8 thru-1. when it does this i loose my ability to use my remote pendant to move the z axis down..but it does not actually move the torch below where i set 0 at.. The torch actually does as it is programmed to ..Just the display on the screen acts funny putting me below my soft limits for the z axis.. i have checked to make sure it is not running any offsets nor do i have any homing switches being used?Any ideas will be greatly appreciated..Oh i am running longevity 50i and toshiba tb6560 controller with torchmate cad and cad2plasma for my post processor.I have checked the g code to make sure it is not something that is being programmed... I also ran it without the plasma cutter hooked up to make sure i am not getting any interferance from the cutter.I even unhooked my control box and it still does it . so i am pretty sure it is something in mach that i am just missing?
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: issues in mach 3?

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

soft limits are machine coordinates referenced to some fixed machine home position

if safe z is machine zero, you'd use a work offset to move working Z zero to somewhere above machine zero, then you can travel into negative Z work coordinates (and still be in positive machine coordinates safe within the machine soft limit range)

to set an offset, you can either touch off and hit zero-Z, or position Z where you want it and enter the desired Z value in the Z dro (be sure to hit enter or it won't change)
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: issues in mach 3?

Post by tm america »

Thanks signtorch i will give that a try ..oh by the way i purchased your clipart package ..very nice well worth the money.. Looking forward to seeing your future designs

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”