small problem

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
GWS.Arkansas
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

small problem

Post by GWS.Arkansas »

ok . i use corel draw x3. when i add font to a drawing . like i have a deer with a half inch bar under it then i put my names under it and then i go to arrange and change it to convert to curves so i can delete where they over lap. and then export it to command and cut and for some reason my font is gone . what am i doing wrong?
FiveORacing
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: small problem

Post by FiveORacing »

Layers?
GWS.Arkansas
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by GWS.Arkansas »

No not layers. Just the font (name ) wont be there . the drawing will be there but the name will be gone . you can tell where they are supposed to be but they are gone
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

I'm speculating, if you start with a DXF composed of line segments (no arcs or curves) then export to DXF, it works.

But as soon as you add objects with curves, like true type font characters, or even a circle, then those objects don't show up in command-n-cut.

First, you can verify whether the objects are in the new DXF by importing the new DXF into a new drawing in corel.

If they are there in corel and not in command-n-cut, it's probably due to the fact that X3 only exports later versions of DXF in which all curves become splines which command-n-cut doesn't recognize and ignores.

The solution would probably be to export to PLT format, which command-n-cut is designed to work with, and which may work better than DXF in command-n-cut.

And if your command-n-cut doesn't have kerf compensation, you should add that in corel, use the contour command to offset to the outside one half your kerf width, then uncombine the contour group, then export the outer contour only.

When exporting to PLT format you can adjust units per inch and curve resolution to get more detail or smaller file size.

And if you're importing SignTorch DXF files and exporting to PLT format, then you should be importing the CMX format, not DXF, because CMX is smoother and it is a corel format and that is the format used to draw the original, it always looks better than the DXF.
GWS.Arkansas
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by GWS.Arkansas »

I think i have got it figured out know. When I get ready to delete the overlapping lines all i have to do is select all objects and the click on combine then it will stay. it would show up if i would view as a enhaced with overprints just not as a simple wireframe. thanks again gary for your time

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”