Finally got laid off . . . .

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Finally got laid off . . . .

Post by CNCCAJUN »

I finally got laid off this past Friday . . .

Whoopee . . . a guilt free chance to finish my shop and ready it for a CNC Plasma Table and associated equipment . . .

Everything was going fine till this afternoon . . . a previous employer contacts me and says . . . "Hey heard you were laid off, would you like to come back to work here?"

OK, I know as well as anyone, a job offer is a blessing & a God send for those who have lost their jobs . . .

But I'm 59 and been wanting to run my own shop for years & years . . .

So, how did you guys walk away and just "GO FOR IT!"

Do you regret it . . . or extremely happy . . .

Steve in Louisiana . . . :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Finally got laid off . . . .

Post by DXF »

If you love what you do, you never work a day in your life. Follow your heart! I was one of the lucky ones who could draw a pension at 50 years old 10 years ago. I haven't looked back.

Dave Hanks
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

Haven't found the nitch yet and running out of money.. Going back to work. Best of luck to you, if ya can get a couple of accounts you can do it..
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I have always thought of working for myself....and if I ever retire I may just try it! I got lucky and walked into this little company of 10 employees in NH back in January 1978....accepted a job offer (with a cut in pay from previous job). I have enjoyed virtually every day of work for Hypertherm since that day.

Good luck Steve with your decision!

Jim Colt Hypertherm
repauli1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by repauli1 »

CNCCAJUN wrote:I finally got laid off this past Friday . . .

Whoopee . . . a guilt free chance to finish my shop and ready it for a CNC Plasma Table and associated equipment . . .

Everything was going fine till this afternoon . . . a previous employer contacts me and says . . . "Hey heard you were laid off, would you like to come back to work here?"

OK, I know as well as anyone, a job offer is a blessing & a God send for those who have lost their jobs . . .

But I'm 59 and been wanting to run my own shop for years & years . . .

So, how did you guys walk away and just "GO FOR IT!"

Do you regret it . . . or extremely happy . . .

Steve in Louisiana . . . :D
Same boat 4.5 years ago, no retirement plan either. Started my own business with help of couple investors. I now keep 14 families feed besides my own. Been fortunate enough to find quality people and started with just a good reputation in my industry. 59 now and hoping to retire in 3 more years. It's a lot of work, but the freedom to make your own decisions and set your own destiny is a rich reward.
repauli1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by repauli1 »

P'S based on your tag line. Why don't you save a bunch of money and make your own table. Just a thought.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”