What A Bummer

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
TAP
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

What A Bummer

Post by TAP »

Hi All, Need to vent here a little, wife wont listen anymore.. :roll:
Here it Go's...

Helped out this guy with his plasma-cam, all the big talk about all the money I could make, after spending countless hours learning DE and cutting out some pretty good parts after troubleshooting day after day, creating and collecting some really nice dxf files from here and other places, spending my money on consumables and steel, with the ever so hate full words I have heard before, " Make Sure You Give Me The Slip And I'll Pay You Back " Showing the Donkey Faced Jack A** how everything worked and even creating a flow chart on how to trouble shoot and make settings..

I started to ask for some pay back, Not A Dime In My Pocket For 3 Months, and the excuses to no end,,

One morning showed up to do some more free work, he was standing by the door and said to me.. Hey..I lost my key, give me yours so I can get in and I'll make another for myself,,, What a mistake that was...spent the next 12 hours as before, cutting out parts, the next day show up for work and doors locked of course and I peek in the window and plasma-cam and most everything else is gone,,He Had A Busy Night...

I'm normally a very easy goin nice guy.. but, He Has Not Seen The End Of Me,, Not sure where he went but I will find him, and I will get my $900 and my 350 hours of pay.

Putting that all aside,,, I did really enjoy creating and cutting parts..

Always thinking now that maybe I should start my own business, he will never make it in the same area as me,, Not When I'm Done With Him...

Life Goes On..

Thanks
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: What A Bummer

Post by beefy »

Very sorry to hear that Tap.

I hope this experience will serve you well in the long term. I've grown very mistrustful of people when it comes to money, business, etc. Used to wear my heart on my sleeve, be quite open about things, but their's always someone wants to profit from that. Last experience was a "freindship" of about 7 years which I ended very sharply when he tried to steal one of my main customers. This happened when the global financial crisis hit and work was getting a bit scarce.

Some of the worst wolves come in the nicest sheeps clothing, they practise making it that way. Learn to look out for the small signs and one of the best ways to play them at their own game is to play dumb. I've fooled several foolers by doing this. They turn up the heat when they think you are easy prey, and then their game becomes a lot more obvious. Then you just go cold turkey on them and cut all ties. Did this with an Israelly guy I was pally with in Singapore. He was gradually working up to trying to get me to do his expensive dirty work. The dumber I acted the more crap he tried then one day just left a note when I went off for another months work, politely telling him that for various reasons this business venture wasn't suitable for me. He was mad as hell and I think he was the one that slashed my motorcycle seat while it was in the carpark LOL.

Trust should be earned not just given.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
TAP
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by TAP »

Thanks, Have a nice
T
Zephrant
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Zephrant »

Bum deal Tap. Have you considered small claims court? Most likely he will not even show up, and you might get a default judgement out of it.
TAP
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by TAP »

Well, thinking about what he has done to me is kinda controlling my whole being, so, I'm just going to try to forget him, his day will come or he will do this to someone else and they wont be so nice, I have my life to take care of and things to do,, He's History.....Gota get focused on getting my own plasma, I have a great shop to put it in, but low funds right now.

T

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”