Zip File

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
metalarts
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Zip File

Post by metalarts »

I am new to this forum. Can someone help me??? Steel FX sent me downloads but it was sent in a ZIP file. How do I get them to Plasma Cam? I really do'n't know much about computers.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Zip File

Post by Gamelord »

A Zip file is a file or bunch of files that have been compressed together to take up less space. It is like packing a trunk for travel. Everything is crammed in together so that all the space is used. What you need to do is uncompress the file - unzip the file(s) then you can use them.

If you don't already have one, you will need to download a program that will uncompress or unzip the files so you can use them. I suggest 7zip if you are using windows. You can download the program here ..
http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

I would not recommend WinZip unless you want to pay for it. It is a great program, but comes with a free 30 day trial and then they want to charge you to continue using it. The 7zip is free forever and works perfectly fine.

Select the .exe version and then once it is downloaded, just double click on the downloaded file and it will install. You may need to grant access to the install.

Once installed, you should be able to double click on your .zip file from Steel FX and it will open up 7zip and allow you to uncompress the files so you can use them. You will want to extract all the files in the zip (open the compressed file, view the files and then save the uncompressed files to your computer). Once they are uncompressed (unzipped, extracted) you should be able to import the DXF files into your cam software.

Hope this helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”