Corel Draw over Adobe Illustrator

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
arianeax
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Corel Draw over Adobe Illustrator

Post by arianeax »

Why do people recommend Corel Draw over Adobe Illustrator? I've done some basic Illustrator, however many friends tell me I should focus on Corel Draw... Why is that? Is it a fad? Is it easier? Or can it do more stuff?
Last edited by arianeax on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Corel Draw over Adobe Illustrator

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

well, for the hundredth time.......

from what I remember, in AI you have to switch between 3 or 4 different node tools to work on nodes, and of course they went SASS (software as a subscription service), and they have always piled several disparate programs together, like flash and illustrator and catalyst, and builder, dreamweaver, etc, etc, etc,,,, which is all more suited for content/media/web developers

for me, corel is way faster and easier (and cheaper) when it comes to drawing and editing for simple 2D cutting

yet, neither is geared toward cnc enough to even have dxf with arcs, on that note AI with the exdxf plugin blows corel draw and dxf tools out of the water, not sure exdxf is still available for AI since CS6 though

for me, I like corel and v-carve pro (to make dxf with arcs), which is awesome for cnc routers, add sheetcam for plasma cutting, and you've got it made in the shade

another thing I like about corel is the VBA macros and how the workspace customization works, adobe has actionscript and an interface that is less customizable, almost the same interface in photoshop as in AI, great for a team of web developers to build websites in dreamweaver with flash and video, too much for an individual just trying to do 2D vector art

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”