Prevent having to re-allign cutter re replacing tip

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
GoingCustom
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Prevent having to re-allign cutter re replacing tip

Post by GoingCustom »

I have a first generation plasmacam and for any of you that have one, know it's a pain in the butt to have to re-align the cutter every time you replace the tip. My buddy John does machine work and made me a torch holder :mrgreen: and also surprised me with a nice touch for when I take pictures while cutting! The torch holder went on without any modification aside from removing a couple of the existing brackets/screws and the name plate required 4 holes drilled.

Also picked up a quality clear coat gun, finally. This isn't from John, but something I've needed for a long while now.
Travis
http://www.goingcustom.com
one of a kind gates, fine art and CNC designs
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Prevent having to re-allign cutter re replacing tip

Post by jimcolt »

Here is my PlasmaCam torch mount...magnetic breakaway that prevents torch damage in a collision...and makes it easy to inspect/change consumables. This one is using the Hypertherm Powermax85 mini machine torch.

Jim Colt
new pics 004.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Prevent having to re-allign cutter re replacing tip

Post by DARRYL21270 »

When I have to change out a tip and i'm in the middle of cutting something i'll turn the flame off and let the machine run through the cut and back to it's starting position then instead of turning off power to my gantry i'll leave it on and just raise the torch. This way the gantry is locked and won't move around and I can replace my tip and then edit my plot to account for what's already been cut and then run the torch.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”