Large Patterns

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
tjclarkjr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Large Patterns

Post by tjclarkjr »

I can cut smaller patterns with no problem, but when I try to cut something bigger than 16 inches on any ga it's like it looses line count, in the end the pattern is cut out, but you can tell it missed steps. I have placed a marker board on my table and it marks the pattern fine. Has anyone ran into this or have any ideas?
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Large Patterns

Post by WSS »

Can you post some more details. What kinda table is it? I assume it is a stepper if you think it is losing steps. What plasma are you using? Do you suspect it is noise causing the lost steps? If it runs fine w/o the plaz, it may be.

WSS
tjclarkjr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tjclarkjr »

Using a thermal dynamics plasma cutter automated new 3 months ago, 60 amp. The table is a 4x4 kit and using 495 oz 4 axis stepper motors using a TB6560 board. My motors are all using shield wire and trigger wire to the plasma is shield and everything is earth grounded, including the plasma cutter.

I was running the motors at 90 inches per minute and the step and direction pulse @ 1. Using 1/2 step on the board and it calculates to 2,034 steps per inch.

If I cut a smaller piece and nest 2 more pieces the first one cuts fine, but the next 2 doesn't cut right. I suspect it might be noise and moved my computer further back, any ideas on the noise?
carter3
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by carter3 »

I had a similar problem and found the problem to be the drives were overheating.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”