plasma cnc- the arc starts but does not continue the trajectory and remains in "pierce"

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Cuttingrabbit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

plasma cnc- the arc starts but does not continue the trajectory and remains in "pierce"

Post by Cuttingrabbit »

Hello! I started to have a problem with my CNC plasma, three weeks ago it cut well, but progressively it began to stop cutting well, one day after trying to cut 12 mm, it stopped continuing the trajectory. Today I did maintenance on it, and when I moved some cables on the control board it worked momentarily but it stopped working later. Has anyone had the same problem or know what's happening?
Cuttingrabbit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: plasma cnc- the arc starts but does not continue the trajectory and remains in "pierce"

Post by Cuttingrabbit »

Here is the link where you can see the video of the machine failing:
https://youtube.com/shorts/KgnV5w8eUno?feature=share
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: plasma cnc- the arc starts but does not continue the trajectory and remains in "pierce"

Post by weldguy »

I have seen many times where a wire was not tightened down in the terminal strip very well and have come loose. If your control board has screw down terminal strips i would give each one of the wires a gentle tug and be sure each one is securely held into the terminal strip. Have also seen where not enough wire housing was stripped off and the housing had a better connection in the terminal strip than the bare wire. Let us know what you find.
Cuttingrabbit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cuttingrabbit »

Hello! While we were giving corrective maintenance we found a burned-out fuse! We change it and now we will see if it works! thank you !!
Cuttingrabbit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cuttingrabbit »

Here is the evidence, after changing the fuse, everything worked again
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-22 at 14.17.18.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-22 at 14.17.19.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Cuttingrabbit
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cuttingrabbit »

here is the image
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-22 at 14.17.19.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Nice find! Always great when its an easy fix. Thanks for posting back with your results. :Like

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”