Need Photos Converted

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
runninwild400
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Need Photos Converted

Post by runninwild400 »

Hi all, I'm in need of someone to convert some photos into dxf's for me, I'm not asking for someone on this forum to do this for me for free, I'm looking for someone who does this as a business and gets paid. I know that converting these photos will take some time and I don't expect anyone to do this for free. Jason use to do it for me and I loved his work, but now I need a replacement for him. If anyone has the name of someone who could do this for me it would be greatly appreciated, it would also help if they used pay pal for payment. I'm planning on learning how to do this myself some day but I just haven't found the spare time yet, I suppose if I could clone myself I'd have more time,,the wife would love that lol.
Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter, this site is great and I hope it stays around for a long time.
Brian
Metal-Magic
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Need Photos Converted

Post by AnotherDano »

Try Jasons dad;

Bryant Henry [idahobry@yahoo.com]
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

Tried him allready, he's to busy right now.
Brian
Metal-Magic
stray cat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by stray cat »

Send me the photo's i can look at them i have done a few for myself.
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

Shoot me over your e-mail and I will send
Brian
Metal-Magic
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmajoe »

Hey try dxfgraphics.com He is really good and his pricing is very fair. I have know him for years now and I must say I was never disappointed in his work.

Plasma Joe
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

I usually charge $20 to $40 if it is a good clear picture, close to what you want, without a lot of back and forth discussion required. Vehicles usually cost more than natural subjects. Letters are usually out of the question unless you really need each letter to be hand drawn which can cost a lot. My specialty is people, animals and scenery. No logos and no artwork unless you convince me that it is by and for you or your customer. Standard lead time is 3 to 5 days. Rush jobs are double. New customers may be asked to pre-pay via paypal to minimize drive-offs. I've never had any unsatisfied customers that I know of. I do have a non-compete policy so you may not share, sell, or distribute the result. If you understand and agree with all that, just email it to custom at signtorch.com, include any details like intended size, material and cutting platform, and I will let you know if it can be done and what it costs. I do not draw to scale, I use virtual units that vary with complexity, so you always have to scale the result in your own software. I always include 5 standard vector formats to work with all known vector software. Since it is not to scale, there will be no kerf compensation or lead-ins, you must take care of that, and if you do not accurately compensate for kerf, the result will not be as expected through no fault of my own, and I cannot offer tech support on how to do that if you don't already know. The most common problem is sending pictures that are just too small to work with. It has to be fairly clear and not too blurry when zoomed to full screen size.
Gary
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

quoted from sign torch vector art: "The most common problem is sending pictures that are just too small to work with. It has to be fairly clear and not too blurry when zoomed to full screen size."

Can you give an example of too soft or blurry? Will sharpening usually fix this? What "size" is best, ie. pixel X pixel plus dpi or?

Do you have a price for drawings that can be given freely and or sold? The reason I ask is most of my companies work is industrial based but we like to give free copies (dxf) and samples (on steel) of there own company logos and such. It brings in the punters. I simply am not that that proficient at drawing "art" type dxfs and 40 bucks sounds like a deal.

WSS
Platt Mfg
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Platt Mfg »

i do this as a buisness my email is plattmfg@gmail.com send me the pics and ill send you a quote i do take paypal
check out my site its under construction but you can get the jist of it http://www.plattmfg.us/PlattMfgDXFsforsale.html
I Love What I Do
How to portrait tutorial--------> http://youtu.be/cz3SfAz2dxo
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

WSS wrote:Can you give an example of too soft or blurry? Will sharpening usually fix this? What "size" is best, ie. pixel X pixel plus dpi or?
You can go to my image guidelines for an example. It just has to have enough clarity to see relevant details clearly. In the example if I didn't know what a palm tree really looked like, I wouldn't be able to tell much by looking at the smaller image, and if I looked too close I'd get dizzy. The larger picture is easier on the eyes and shows the actual shape of the palm tree leaves.

There's no specific formula, simple shapes don't have to be big because they have no detail, and complex shapes have to be big in order to see enough detail.
WSS wrote:Do you have a price for drawings that can be given freely and or sold?
Maybe if you add 3 zeroes on the end of the price I'd think about it. I normally don't allow competitive redistribution whatsoever.
WSS wrote:The reason I ask is most of my companies work is industrial based but we like to give free copies (dxf) and samples (on steel) of there own company logos and such
If you've got a good source image, corporate logos are usually simple and easy to reproduce by design, so they usually don't cost that much.
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

Thanks for all the replys, this will make things much easier on me.
Brian
Metal-Magic
FreeDXF.com
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by FreeDXF.com »

If any every needs a list of designers interested in helping with custom design work you can email me for the list. jasonsmetaldesign@yahoo.com
If I am unable to help with the custom design work I can help with locating someone that might be able too! JH

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”