Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
DTH
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Question About DXF Files on Corel Draw

Post by DTH »

Just got Corel Draw X5.
I can save a file as a DXF file.
Once I go into the Plasma CAM software, I open the saved DXF file, click open; the option box disappears as though the file will open and then there is nothing on the page...just a blank grid.

Is there something I am missing?
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Question About DXF Files on Corel Draw

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

Try exporting DXF version 11, later DXF versions have splines, I forget whether sheetcam supports splines or not, but that might be the problem.
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

I use X5 and export DXF's which work fine with sheetcam and the earlier Plasmacam but not sure about the new Plasmacam, haven't tried that.
Murray
DTH
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by DTH »

Tried using 11 and nothing changed. Currently I have 2 versions of PlasmaCAM, one at home on PC that I design on (PlasmaCAM Version 3.11 copyright 2004, 2006) and Plasma CAM Design Edge on the PC at the shop. I prefer the older version to work with because Design Edge sucks.

I tried am image that was drawn by my brother and still did not open within the Plasma CAM software so I know it's not a copyright or protection issue (don't wanna mess with that sort of thing anyway)

When I open the bought Sign Torch images through Plasma CAM software, it opens just fine & perfect each & every time. (Love your work, btw and I appreciate it SO much! Just wanted to say thanks for your work)

I have not yet tried to open a Corel DXF file on the Design Edge software at the shop and that's only because I hate it so much.

Any thoughts on that?
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

in pcam did you zoom extents? corel and pcam don't use the same origin and imports between them may appear off the table or off the page

send a dxf, I'll see if I see anything

I just tested some corel dxfs on plasmacam v2.1

To my amazement, pcam recognized splines in dxf v.2008 exported from corel, it just converted the original spline on the left into a segmented polyline on the right, I didn't know it'd do that, now I'm wondering what all other software recognizes splines and if that's how they do it. interesting..... :ugeek:
pcam-s.png
pcam-s.png (24.1 KiB) Viewed 1146 times

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”