Null Lines

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Cotton
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Null Lines

Post by Cotton »

Thanks Signtorch for all your help! Have another question concerning Null Lines. When I go to convert the picture from DXF to SVG I use the Connect Curves tool, then I use the Smart fill function. My question is how can weld the picture and the fill so that the Null lines will appear as well? Thanks again!
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Null Lines

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

not sure what you mean by null lines...

the smart fill tool creates new shapes to fill areas between intersecting objects, mainly useful for coloring in complex overlapping intersecting linework

not sure what you mean by connect-curves tool, there is a join-curves docker, and a connector tool

the connector tool is for diagrams, don't use that

if you have a fairly correct typical dxf (closed perimeter path, non-intersecting interior detail, just otherwise unconnected lines and arcs), then you can use the join-curves docker to connect all sub-shapes into closed curves, then combine them all, and it should fill correctly without needing the smart-fill tool

if you have a wopper-jawed dxf (some duplicate parallel overlapping geometry), where join-curves won't work,

that raises an interesting question whether smart-fill is any smarter than join-curves when it comes to ignoring overlaps

but if you do use smart-fill, you can work on a new layer, to keep the new smart-fill geometry separate from the old geometry, so you can erase or not export the old, since it underlaps the new

having overlapping geometry (as created by the smart-fill tool) can sure cause strange problems

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”