Hello from AZ

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
AZsparky
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello from AZ

Post by AZsparky »

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join the plasmaspider community! I am a hobbyist welder/fabricator and look forward to learning more about the plasma cnc world. I have already picked out a spot in my shop that would be perfect for a plasma table. I want to learn and research as much as I can before pulling the trigger on anything. Eventually, I would like to start off with a 4x4 table with a high quality plasma cutter and possibly start a little side business like a lot of you have done. My wife has experience with CAD and is good with computers so she would come in handy on the design and DXF file side of things while I'm at my normal day job. Plus it would keep her busy and out of trouble, LOL!
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Hello from AZ

Post by DieselFumes »

Welcome to PS. I've been a member here a while and it has played an instrumental role in getting me up and running with minimal suffering. The folks here are great for helping since we've all been at step 1 at some point. Let us know what you end up going with for equipment :Like
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Welcome! Do you have a particular make and model of plasma table in mind to purchase?

What do you see yourself making?> Metal art? Bulldozer brackets? Construction saddles?

Is "AZ" Arizona?

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by DieselFumes »

What part of AZ are you from?
AZsparky
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AZsparky »

Joe Jones wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:27 am Welcome! Do you have a particular make and model of plasma table in mind to purchase?

What do you see yourself making?> Metal art? Bulldozer brackets? Construction saddles?

Is "AZ" Arizona?

Joe
Hi Joe,
I've been looing at the Langmuir, STV and Premiere Plasma tables and got my eye on the Hypertherm Powermax 45 for a cutter. I really like the looks of the STV tables and the build quality looks pretty good. I own a older (2004) Diesel Pusher motorhome and one of the first things I want to make for myself is new dash bezels and instrument/switch plates for the cockpit. I see quite a bit of interest in some of the motorhome groups I'm in for dash plates and bezels for these older coaches and there's only a few places that make them and they are pretty spendy $$$. So I can see myself making some bezels along with metal art and maybe brackets and tabs for offroad guys (jeeps, side by sides). Yes I'm a Arizona native, I live in Gilbert!
AZsparky
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AZsparky »

DieselFumes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:28 am What part of AZ are you from?
Hi DieselFumes, I'm in Gilbert AZ!
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by DieselFumes »

Sounds warm! Likely a great place to get into motorhome upgrade parts. Sounds like fun and wishing you the best of luck. Keep us posted on your progress :Like
AZsparky
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AZsparky »

DieselFumes wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:02 pm Sounds warm! Likely a great place to get into motorhome upgrade parts. Sounds like fun and wishing you the best of luck. Keep us posted on your progress :Like
Thank you!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”