After debating for month, buying table tomorow.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
KeeYaw
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

After debating for month, buying table tomorow.

Post by KeeYaw »

Going with the.................

ShopSabre Side Kick 8
Hypertherm PM85 w/ THC
Machine Torch
3.25 HP Router
Laser Sights
Water Table
Etc, Etc, Etc.

I know I'll be asked....Why ShopSabre? After looking around and talking, there are a lot of great tables out there. I was able to see a few in person and the top 3 that appealed to me.......well.......I couldnt decide because the owners had all great things to say about their table and the cons had nothing to do with the table.....(Learning software). My concern was the Router side of the table. Ive been welding and Fabing for 25+ years so the Plasma side doesnt really concern me too much. This machine is being purchased mostly likely for 99% personal use while building house, gates, shope, etc etc. I did find Shop Sabre more knowledgable on the Router side, which was my concern. So I guess that was the main reason other than I liked the way it was built.......and I like the colors, haha.

NOW...............Jim Colt listen up! I have ALWAYS bought Miller products until now and I trust you to hold my hand (NOT litterally ofcourse) if I need help or have questions about the PowerMax85, lol. I bought the PM85 because of JIm Colt, he has helped me alot through PM's and his knowledge and passion for the welding world should be rewarded by giving Hypertherm a chance. We have enough Robots doing our welding and answering phones when we have questions, but its ppl like Jim that give the future welders and fabricators a fighting chance because you just cant beat a knowldgable human being from the USA!

So........I look forward to be able to report the progress as soon as the table arrives!
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: After debating for month, buying table tomorow.

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ! ! ! !

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations . . . . . .

Debating for a month . . . . heck I have been debating for over a year . . . . and still don't have an answer . . .

Right now it's PlasmaCAM & Dynatorch . . . .

Steve in Louisiana . . . .
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

KeeYaw,

Sounds like you did your homework and made good choices, we will certainly be here to help you through the learning curve and beyond! Thank you from all of the employee owners at Hypertherm...

Jim Colt

And...to CNCCajun, You should have been at the Fabtech show in Chicago this week....both PlasmaCam and Dynatorch were cutting live. There were 27 booths at the show (mostly high end industrial equipment) cutting with Hypertherm plasma, fiber laser and waterjets....a busy show for Hypertherm.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

jimcolt wrote:KeeYaw,

Sounds like you did your homework and made good choices, we will certainly be here to help you through the learning curve and beyond! Thank you from all of the employee owners at Hypertherm...

Jim Colt

And...to CNCCajun, You should have been at the Fabtech show in Chicago this week....both PlasmaCam and Dynatorch were cutting live. There were 27 booths at the show (mostly high end industrial equipment) cutting with Hypertherm plasma, fiber laser and waterjets....a busy show for Hypertherm.
I know . . . . I know . . . . Hope they came away with even more good ideas . .

Did you see my post of PlasmaCAM's new 6'X12' Welded Steel Frame "TORCHAPE" ?

Thanks . . . Steve
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”