Computers?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
MIFab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Computers?

Post by MIFab »

Hello, I'm looking at rebuilding my old computer vs buy a new tower... I would like to know what everyone is running and how well it is running and how long you have had it? The computer I have now has a virus and it gets doggy I have cleaned it up its fine for a little while then starts to freeze up. I was thinking about this one if I buy the tower http://www.directron.com/valuelineg4os.html . Is anyone running there Plasmacam on a expansion card parallel port?
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Computers?

Post by Capstone »

I think a lot of folks are finding refurb'ed DELL OptiPlex 745 towers that have a DB25 port built in (Printer Port) and are running WinXP. That combo makes for a great SheetCAM/MACH3 combo. I am running a completely separate graphics PC with better graphics/memory in order to run the resource hungry graphics programs. You'll just need a cheap USB flashcard to bring .DXF files over to the PC that's running the table

It took me 2mins to find one on eBay for a super cheap 745 Model for $110. DELL OPTIPLEX 745 TOWER PC CORE 2 DUO 2.4GHz 2GB 80GB
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”