air dryer?

All topics related to compressed air supply.
SpartanKen
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

air dryer?

Post by SpartanKen »

how big or should I say expensive air dryer do I need? Hypertherm 45 and I have a 60 gallon air compressor.
Marty
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: air dryer?

Post by Marty »

Size the dryer to match ONLY the air needs of your hyperthermi....OR size the dryer to match the output of you compressor......so your whole shop has dry air......see the hypertherm and the compressor owners manual for cfm and pressure specs.........if you lost the manuals they are available online...........

There has been a lot of discussion on spider already concerning air dryers, just use the search engine at the top right of the page

here is a link to past discussion as well

http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ter#p51119

Marty
Ignition Metal Art Design

Give a man a fish and you have taught him where to come for a fish; Teach him to use Google and the Search Engine on Plasma Spider and he will be able to learn more than you could ever teach him yourself
SpartanKen
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by SpartanKen »

Thanks Marty, I didn't even think about a search... :oops:
PlasmaSpider Store
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaSpider Store »

We sell of a couple of solutions that will work out well for you.

This link http://plasmaspider.com/shop/dryer_sharpe6760.html will direct you to the unit I would recommend.

Let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to help.

PasmaSpider Store
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

In reality....there are many cases where you do not need a dryer at all. If you live in a relatively low humidity climate, if your plasma is only used for short run cutting and hobby type use, and assuming that you religiously (daily) drain any moisture from your air compressor...then you may not need a dryer at all. Under the above ideal conditions at most you would need a particulate filter, moisture trap downstream at least 20' from your compressor and in close proximity to the plasma.

The vast majority of air plasma users (maybe 80%) run successfully with no moisture removal system in place other than the onboard moisture trap/filter that your Powermax45 is equipped with. I have a Powermax45 that used to be on an air dryer line in my shop, however for the last two years I have used it for hand cutting on raw air lines and portable compressors....with no noticeable change in performance.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

SpartanKen wrote:how big or should I say expensive air dryer do I need? Hypertherm 45 and I have a 60 gallon air compressor.
SpartanKen
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by SpartanKen »

Thanks for the info. I live in Michigan, I'm pretty sure I'll be needing one. I checked out some other set ups and have a good feel on what I want.

Thank you,

Ken
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

I live in south Louisiana . . . I will probably need TWO ! ! ! in series . . . .

Just joking . . . but I know I will need one . . . .

Steve :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Return to “Air Dryers, Air Filters, Air Compressors, Etc.”