thc code snippet

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
gary42095
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

thc code snippet

Post by gary42095 »

can someone tell me what the thc on and off code snippets are. i somehow managed to delete a bunch of tools and the codes for on and off for thc. :roll: also

i am just figuring out to use one job and move parts around to fit them next to other cut pieces without doing it like an idiot and wasting space. is there a way to rotate parts in sheetcam to fit desired space or do i have to rotate it in cad first.

thanks to everyone here not only for the help but for the great files as well.
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: thc code snippet

Post by trucutcnc »

These code snippets are probably something specific to your machine. Does it use M codes to turn the THC on and off? If so, the code snippets were probably a means of inserting those M codes to turn the THC on and off. Some like to turn off the THC for small holes or tight detail, then turn it back on for normal cutting. Under normal conditions, the codes to turn on the THC should be posted in the program header. That would be done in the post processor for your machine.

You can rotate parts in SC by selecting the Nesting button (looks like a cross), selecting the part then entering an angle at the lower right of the screen.
--------------------------------------------
http://www.trucutcnc.com
Ross Carlisle
Jackson, TN
gary42095
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by gary42095 »

yes it was i think m101 ,m102 and all i had to do was click it in operations in sheetcam and it would shut it off for the specific layer i was doing small holes in. then turn it back on for next layer. otherwise i have it set in mach3 to auto thc on.
thanks

gary
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by trucutcnc »

All you have to do in SC to add them back in as snippets is to click on the button labeled "G" in the Tools window and insert either M01 or M02. The snippet will then be available when you create a toolpath.
--------------------------------------------
http://www.trucutcnc.com
Ross Carlisle
Jackson, TN
gary42095
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by gary42095 »

i just am not sure if those are the codes and which one is on and which is off
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Pretty sure M101 - turn off THC, and M102 - turn on THC.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “SheetCam”