HYPERTHERM 85 - CUT QUALITY

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
AbsoluteFabiowa@gmail.com
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

HYPERTHERM 85 - CUT QUALITY

Post by AbsoluteFabiowa@gmail.com »

Recieved my table a week ago tomorrow and after scavaging the scrap yard for material to learn with here is the point of cut quality ive achieved. I guess i am asking is this as good as it gets or is their other ways to fine tune other than arch voltage and feedrate. i got to this point by using the manufactures specs and then working with voltage up or down 5 points from what they say. also posted some off topic pics ( my grandmother gave me the chicken as a x-mas gag gift so i found a good use fot it ) a little humor to help get me through this torchmate cad.
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG (164.9 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
photo (1).JPG
photo (1).JPG (95.49 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (86.51 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: HYPERTHERM 85 - CUT QUALITY

Post by jimcolt »

I cannot tell from your post if you are happy with....or unhappy with the cut. From the picture it looks decent....but I cannot see angularity, dross (was it cleaned up?) and I cannot tell thickness or what you used for cut specs.

The best bet with a Hypertherm plasma.....use the mechanized consumables, and follow the detailed cutting specs from the operators manual....and you will get great cuts. These specs were developed by cutting tons of material.

Jim Colt, Hypertherm

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”