"Torch Cutting Signal Was Not detected" - HELP!

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
minerscreek
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

"Torch Cutting Signal Was Not detected" - HELP!

Post by minerscreek »

I have the powermax 45 and and dh2 table
The cutting was fine then started having problems not starting. Now nothing. Torch light LED blinking. I have done what it says to solve the problems but no help. I have even replaced all consumables. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
JT
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: "Torch Cutting Signal Was Not detected" - HELP!

Post by jimcolt »

Hand torch or machine torch? Which LED is blinking.....there are more than one on the Powermax45. Refer to the operators manual.....which will tell the reasons that would cause that particular diagnostic LED to blink.

Get back to me with the above....and I'll be happy to help you out...it should be very simple.

I am traveling today on multiple flights....so it may take a while to respond.

Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com

minerscreek wrote:I have the powermax 45 and and dh2 table
The cutting was fine then started having problems not starting. Now nothing. Torch light LED blinking. I have done what it says to solve the problems but no help. I have even replaced all consumables. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
JT
minerscreek
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by minerscreek »

I have the hand torch. The led lights are " the power on led is illuminated and the torch cap led blinks." I have tried the solutions but still nothing.
Thanks for any help
Jt
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

There is a microswitch inside the torch handle that senses that the consumable parts are inserted properly. You may have already done this....but open up your operators manual to the consumables page....and install the electrode, the swirl ring, the nozzle and the retaining cap just as the manual shows....verify thet the part numbers are correct (each part is laser etched) and match the numbers in the operators manual.

Make sure that when you install the electrode that you can feel the spring effect (push in towards the torch, the electrod should spring back outwards).

When tightening the retaining cap...just snug.....overtightening will cause your issue.

Also....after unscrewing the cap and replacing components...you have to recycle the power switch on the Powermax45 to reset it.

If none of the above works...it is possible that the switch in your torch is bad. You can download the service manual at http://www.hypertherm.com (click on download library, then choose "powermax45", then "manuals", then "service manual"....the service manual shows details of the internal components of the torch and will provide fo replacement part numbers if needed. You can also take th unit back to your distributor for service if needed.....or call Hypertherm tech service for help and advice,.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

minerscreek wrote:I have the hand torch. The led lights are " the power on led is illuminated and the torch cap led blinks." I have tried the solutions but still nothing.
Thanks for any help
Jt

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”