Corel Draw X5 available on plasmaspider a scam ????

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
alaska66
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Corel Draw X5 available on plasmaspider a scam ????

Post by alaska66 »

Hi everyone,
I saw the link to the plasmaspider store for the limited time offer to purchase Corel Draw X5 at a discount and I was going to purchase it but the plasmaspider store shows it as "currently no stock". I then did an internet search on google ( Corel Draw X5 plasmaspider ) trying to find any info I could to see if maybe this "limited time" deal had ended.

Well what I found really bothers me now and makes me not sure about trusting this site anymore. My search turned up a question on the Corel Draw forum where a poster claiming to be an plasmaspider member asked if this deal thru plasmaspider was legit or not. This was posted and answered on July 29, 2001. The person answering the question was an employee of Corel and posted the following response....."Just got it confirmed. We would like to recommend you not to buy this product as an OEM. This is not allowed." The poster was then directed to contact the Corel sales department for current pricing and deals. Others responding to the question stated that "Corel Draw ships on a DVD-ROM , not a CD-ROM so therefore the plasmaspider deal sounds fishy". Yet another responding to the question stated that "Corel does not create or sell OEM versions".

So has anyone here purchased the software thru this site and if so, what was your experience ? Does anyone know if this was being sold by a vendor/member or admin themselves ? I thought I would purchase it thru here rather than an unknown source of the internet because I thought that this site was trustworthy and if something was not everyone would be calling foul but I've yet to see anything posted about this offer. I'm curious to see if the link soon dissapears.

I have sent an email to admin asking about this special offer and I will follow up and post whatever I find out.

Thanks
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Corel Draw X5 available on plasmaspider a scam ????

Post by Dawgonhawg »

I purchased mine here and had no problems. I have used it and would recommend to anyone. I don't see any issues in making the purchase here at Plasmaspider.
alaska66
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by alaska66 »

Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear from someone. Based on my experiences in my short time here, I never would've thought to question the legitimacy of it but then I ran across that posting from an employee of Corel on their website, so of course it made me a little cautious. Hopefully it'll soon be available again. Thanks again.
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

I've heard that corel does and does not produce a true OEM version, and that if there is such a thing, it may not have the visual basic macro extensions. Go figure....

Typically, true OEM editions of mainstream software are packaged and licensed differently than retail versions.

I'm not sure corel even makes an OEM edition, so I am inclined to think this is the full version, regardless where it came from or what it's called, as long as it can be activated with a serial number, that's all you need.

If it does not activate with a serial number or does not have visual basic macros, then I'd be worried, but I just don't expect that will be an issue.

a quick look at the license should clear up whether it is a special edition or not....
alaska66
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by alaska66 »

Thanks for the information and help. The serial number / registration was one of the issues I was concerned about. There were apparantly problems with a previous edition being pirated and widely distributed with a bogus serial number. There were alot of postings on the Corel site about it. It sounded like quite a few people got taken and didn't realize it until it was too late. As I previously posted, I figured if this wasn't legit someone here surely would've brought it to everyones attention but I just wanted to be sure. Many thanks again.
PlasmaSpider Store
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaSpider Store »

These are full, un-opened OEM versions complete with serial number. OEM versions from Corel are full versions packaged in only a DVD case or sleeve with no retail box. These were purchased in bulk from an OEM who is no longer in business. Stock on these was limited and is now exhausted. Corel X5 will be available again soon however we will not be able to offer the retail boxed versions at that cost.
aicomp
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by aicomp »

I bought my full version of X5 in an unopened box with everything that is supposed to be there,( serial number ,etc. ), on Ebay for sixty bucks. Registered and works great.
My $.02
http://www.PenningtonFab.com
Torchmate 3 with Accumove 3
Hypertherm 1250
Hypertherm 85
Hypertherm 380
Lincoln V205T Tig
Lincoln wirematic 250
Eastwood 175 with Spoolgun
Eastwood 135 Mig

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”