Ranch House Memorial for a Mountain of a Man

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Ranch House Memorial for a Mountain of a Man

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

We lost my wifes grandfather a few months back. A man who was truely a confidant and a friend of mine who I will truely miss till we meet again. His life story was amazing by todays standards leaving home during the depression at the age of 12 to relieve his parents of another mouth to feed--hopping a coal train in the middle of winter with a heavy shirt, pants and nothing else living in hobo towns ending up in S Dakota to cut timbers, a coal miner who survived 2 days in a southern Colorado coal mine collapse in his 20's with a crushed hip and broken legs, worked paint and body in a custom shop in the 50's, and retiring from the teamsters in the 70's. I have never met a man in my life as interesting as him or his life stories, and I take no man young or old for granted. So I made a memorial for him to hang of the families 130 year old ranch house. I welded a 3 sided bell with 3 different thickness sides that give 3 distinct tones using a 2" nylon caster wheel inside and made it possible to remove during the windy nights. I thought about finishing it with POR15 but the natural rust goes so right with the ranch.
Attachments
P8020785.JPG
P8020783.JPG
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
4R8
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Ranch House Memorial for a Mountain of a Man

Post by 4R8 »

sad to hear. My condolences.

The Work, on another note is fantastic. What a great idea, especially the tri thickness bell!
metalart
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Ranch House Memorial for a Mountain of a Man

Post by metalart »

Great sentiment and wonderful work, there were and are some wonderful people out there.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”