Corel 9 vs. Corel15

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Corel 9 vs. Corel15

Post by Dawgonhawg »

I have Corel 9 and wanted to know if Corel 15 will be that much more beneficial to spend the money for?
Thank you, Dawg
redneckgateart
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Corel 9 vs. Corel15

Post by redneckgateart »

Personally, I would say yes. Like any software, new functions are added (and some are taken away) Corel has added several new functions since Ver. 9... like B-splines, 3 point curves, Join curves....plus a lot more. X5 also handles dxf's better than earlier versions (not great but better). I think I've had about every other version, since Verion 6 and X5 is my favorite so far.

Just my 2 cents....
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

I agree with redneckgateart, corel 9 preceeded windows XP, everything has come a long way since then. You could sure get by with corel 9, the basics are still the same, X5 just has a few new useful features and better user interface and performs better. I upgrade on all odd numbered versions and haven't been disappointed yet.
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Hi Gary, the logo you fixed for me Saturday cut really nice. I assume you used Coler x5? Do you use x5 for your fonts also?
I have been using Deskengrave and letters with curve seem to be a problem. The cut is wavey in the curves. Any suggestions?
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

Dawgonhawg wrote: I assume you used Coler x5? Do you use x5 for your fonts also?
I use X5, but I made my own DXF software, and I recently started using v-carve pro to make dxf with arcs (from EPS files).

X5's DXF output is much like it always has been, lots of line segments, works for some systmes, not for others.

I use corel for everything including fonts, but I really don't use fonts as much as most people, most of my work doesn't involve any typography. Some fonts are just a real challenge to work with no matter what software is used.

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”