Need Help Improving Cut Quality

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
SlyCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help Improving Cut Quality - Overcut internal Corners Setting

Post by SlyCNC »

NEW to CNC Plasma cutting. I am in the process of dialing in my machine. Using Hypertherm PM 65 Sync. Trying to improve my insude corners. Does anyone have any tips on using the "Overcut Internal Corners" in Sheetcam? I am trying to improve 90 degree inside corners. What about the scale? What is the scaling ratio applied against? The part size or ratio of the square you are cutting out?

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Need Help Improving Cut Quality

Post by acourtjester »

I have not used the "Overcut Internal Corners" as SheetCam does fine as is for me. If I draw in inch I used inch in SheetCam, are you using one the line, outside or inside the line. It should match you drawing unless the axis calibration is off. I think some use a slow down in the speed at corners, I don't.
here are part that re 3/8" the sharp corners as as drawn I rounded some in the drawing, cut with a 65 amp nozzle.
DSCN4809.JPG
DSCN3181.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
TJS
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need Help Improving Cut Quality

Post by TJS »

Tom,
When you denote X and Y zero are you referring to the work Zero or the table X, Y zero ? I know in Command CNC after the cut it returns to "work zero". This is where I started from on the material I put on the table when I zero'd X and Y and did a Home Z and then Zero Z. Albeit when it comes back to the work zero, the Z height is at the rapid height or plunge safety height or whatever you call it.
acourtjester

Re: Need Help Improving Cut Quality

Post by acourtjester »

Yes work zero that is to sync the 2 cut plans together (same start point). Only time I use table zero is when it homes at the power up.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “SheetCam”