AXBB-E + Plasmasens THC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Specnaz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

AXBB-E + Plasmasens THC

Post by Specnaz »

Hey guys I have built a table 5*8 ft and I'm using Everlast i82 hooked to AXBB-E controller and also I have Plasmasens unit combo https://cnc4pc.com/plasmasensout-thc-controller.html

I'm using plasma for cutting so far so good, but when thin material starts to warp i get the issue, however, I have not managed to get to work the THC as of yet, I have build floating head and I have NO switch above it.
I'm using SheetCAM and UCCNC software. I have noticed there is a UCCNC Post , few of them in Sheetcam and to my understanding in order to activate THC it needs to run M31 first in the G-code?

Also when ever i try to test THC manually it would move only up but down command wouldn't respond

The outputs are switched to the common terminal which is the negative pole of the 24V,
- 24V+ to I1+, I2+ and I3+ on AXBB
- yellow to I3- from THC port 1
- green to I2- from THC port 2
- blue to I1- from THC port 3

and here is my UCCNC configuration

Any pointers and help would be highly appreciated

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: AXBB-E + Plasmasens THC

Post by acourtjester »

I have used the UCCNC software and their board (UC400ETH) so some things may be different. You give connection in your system of
- yellow to I3- from THC port 1
- green to I2- from THC port 2
- blue to I1- from THC port 3
not knowing where they are hooked signal wise is not enough info. On you last image in the middle for the THC to be functional the "Enable THC control" box need a check in it when you want to use it. Now between the THC unit and the controller board Arc on pin 6 goes to arc OK, Up goes to pin 1 and, down goes to pin 3. I am not sure but in image 1 (I/O Monitor) you only show red boxes on Port 1, you show THC on port 2 which may be correct. When I had my UCCNC controller I only had port 1 so all signal had to be on it. I do not have that table any more so I cannot say if the boxes with red in them means signal used or only if it is active.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Specnaz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Specnaz »

OK, so I played around a bit and ended up connecting raw voltage to the THC receiving unit, finally now I have some readout, however its around 70V , which is kind of odd , also M31 doesn't seem to do what it's supposed to so I tried using M32 and M52 for latest UCCNC for Sheetcam Post with THC and what happens torch goes down (it has floating head) trips the sensor and it stays there, and then few seconds later I get error message on the screen that the probe seems to be tripped and unable to get readout from some field in the UCCNC interface , what could be the problem?
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

When I used a floating head switch I used the G28 command, this is looking for a homing action and I have my switch wired to the Z home.
Try this G-code as a test It is setup with the G28,leave the Plasma off. just run it for the first cut operation then stop it. If it act like you want I can send the post processor for you to use. this is compressed with a rar file extension cannot send a tap file.
diane and stokes finished.rar

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”