New user on inkscape

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Bub21t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New user on inkscape

Post by Bub21t »

Hi group I just got a cnc plasma cutter and I been trying to make a sign in inkscape but Im not for sure how it all works I watch videos of it online but had hard time grasping it is there any one willing to help thanks
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New user on inkscape

Post by plasmanewbie »

I have also been trying to learn Inkscape and there are many members here who are very skilled with it. David aka Adbuch has posted plenty of great tutorials in this Inkscape forum and I think you will learn a lot of what you need to know. Browse around and going through some of David's lessons, I learned a lot from them but still go back to my CorelDraw when I design.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Bub, I use Inkscape for many projects, it is a very powerful program to generate both DXF and SVG file. And it is free to download, donations are welcome on their site. There are a large group YouTube tutorials and many offering Tutorial classes for a very fair price. (Logos by Nick is one) https://www.youtube.com/@LogosByNick You can also just watch any others on YouTube by searching for a type of tutorial you want. It is used by many different categories of users so there are many of them to chose from. And as Plasmanewbie said you can also use the search function in the upper right for a look around this site. Many project that member posted have resulted in tutorials being shown by member with great info to help.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Dirtmotor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dirtmotor »

Just my 2 cents , I started working with inkscape about 2 years ago ,I learn something new and am amazed with what you can create with it every time I use it . What those guys said about the guys on this site being helpful is absolutely true !
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

What issues are you having?
Care to share the file so we can take a look and get you on track?
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~

Return to “Inkscape”