Introduction PerryE

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
PerryE
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Introduction PerryE

Post by PerryE »

Hello all. I’m new to the CNC Community and am in the process of setting up my newly purchased Premier Plasma CNC Plasma Table. I’ve been a Blacksmith for about 10 years. Im from Joshua Tree l, California.
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Introduction PerryE

Post by DieselFumes »

Hello PerryE, welcome to the community. Great bunch of folks here, I have learned a lot just searching around. Good luck with your setup and post some pics :Like
PerryE
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by PerryE »

Thank you very much. I will. I’m sure I’ll have questions. I don’t know what I don’t know yet. Haha. Thanks again.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Hi Perry,

What do you plan to do with your cnc plasma table? Metal art? Gussets and brackets? Mass production of highly profitable widgets? :roll:

Have you used drawing software in the past, such as AutoCAD, or CorelDRAW, or any other vector line art files?

Do you plan to rely on existing libraries of art files, or are you going to create your own original stuff?

What is the size of your table? What will you mainly cut on the table? Sheet metal? Heavier gauge sheet metal (14 gauge, 12 gauge, 10 gauge?) Or are you going to be cutting steel plate (3/16" and thicker?)

Good luck in your new adventure. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
PerryE
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by PerryE »

Hello

Thank you.

I hope to do a lots of stuff. I have some connects for off road and hot rod fabrication brackets, gussets and alike. I also plan on doing art stuff along with custom mail boxes, fuel can holders and things.

I will do thin and thick stuff along with things to help with my Blacksmith work. I have an 80amp plasma cutter for my 4’x8’ table with water bed along with 2.2 kw spindle router.

I’ve not used any of the software previously, but hope to do some of my own designs along with other cut files.

Thank you again. I’m sure I’ll have tons of questions. I worked on assembling the table today.

Perry
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

What software are you using most will do both Plasma and Routing work, I have done lots with both on my DIY table. Main difference is plasma moves up a small amount and routing moves down many steps. With different bits you can change the type of projects you do. Here is an example of using both for a wall hanger, both are layered to give them a deeper effect. And some simple inlay that I have done too.
DSCN1991.JPG
DSCN0285.JPG
DSCN0172.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
PerryE
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by PerryE »

Wow that is so cool. The routing software, I’m not exactly sure yet. My table came with Inkscape, Sheetcam and Mach3. I have to call my table manufacturer as he was goi g to send me some info on software for my Spindle. I did get all the collets and a set of bits with the spindle.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I have mine setup with a separate manual switch for the Router and Dust Collection. After setting the start position and bit height, I flip the switch and run the G-code. With Inkscape you can develop a DXF or SVG file and use SheetCam to generate a G-code for the router/spindle. Mach3 also has a optional start for the router if you like, I think you just need to have a relay to be triggered the router. Not very hard to set it up. For some of the router work I also have a separate program called EstlCam it is about $65. it just give some other options to router/engraving work.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
PerryE
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by PerryE »

Oh okay. Thank you for the info. When I’m together and ready to start running, I’m sure I’ll have questions. Thank you again. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”