Gantry kit?

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
sextonwelding
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Gantry kit?

Post by sextonwelding »

Hello Im wanting to build a 5x10 table and have been looking around for gantry kit. I have seen the magnum 7a and and the spark robotic kits, MOTIONTER DRIVE SYSTEMS and was want to know if there was any other out there that I missed? I would build my own but I do not have a mill to machine them or do they have to be machined?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Gantry kit?

Post by acourtjester »

You can buy linear rails for the axis to ride on for building your own table. Some have used "V" bearings and rail, or roller bearings. Many DIY table built by members posted here too.
I sent you a private message on this site for you to view, click on the link shown on the main page.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Re: Gantry kit?

Post by adbuch »

Tom has some great ideas! Building your own table will save you some money and provide the satisfaction of a job well done. For cnc plasma cutting, the gantry does not necessarily need to be as heavy duty as for cnc wood routing to work very well. For cnc plasma I see no reason why the gantry would necessarily need to be machined. Tom can give you some great advise as he has build at least 10 diy tables in the past with excellent results.
Good luck with your build!

David

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”