Table and drain systems

All topics related to smoke evacuation, ventilation, and water tables.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Table and drain systems

Post by acourtjester »

Here are 2 videos of Plasma water tank drain and fill systems guys developed. they are both for Langmuir tables but will work on other ware tables.

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Re: Table and drain systems

Post by adbuch »

Tom - thanks for posting those videos! I do have a water tray under my 4x4 table, and have never drained it in the 7 years I've been using it. The water evaporates so fast that if I don't use it for a month the water tray will be almost dry. But those setups shown in the videos look pretty cool, and I'm sure the builders had some fun putting them together.

David
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Table and drain systems

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

David,

I only see 100* summer temps (fall settings by your standards I'm sure) but when I'm done cutting I will drain the water tray into a covered tank, this cuts down on evaporation rates, It also allows for a quick water tray clean out with a shop vac vs the dreaded annual clean out.

Both water tray and tank was bent from 3/16" plate on a 20' 500 Ton press brake (the notch was required as I could not talk the shop owner into cutting his 20' punch) :Wow :

IMG_1002.JPG

Tank was sand blasted, acid etched, primed with 3 heavy coats of epoxy primer then coated with two coats of Raptor bed liner:

IMG_20191021_160619835.jpg

2 ea - Drain plug with solenoid controlled air ram for closing / opening (1 minute drain time):

IMG_20191203_161212365.jpg

Filling the 250 gal tray via 3hp / 3 ph pump takes approx 3:30:

Pump.jpg

Al controls via 12 volt signals (the only 120v to the control head is to power the monitor)

Control head.jpg

I went the pump to fill method for several reason, the main one was I had a new pump donated to the project and 2 I was not aware of the cheaper anti rust additives and was going to install a separator to prolong water change outs..

Steve

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Water Tables, Ventilation, Air Handling”