Need Help trying to fix Hypertherm 45 XP

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
IsaacRodz19
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need Help trying to fix Hypertherm 45 XP

Post by IsaacRodz19 »

My Hypertherm 45XP will only display 00 on control board, turning the knob does nothing, the numbers stay at 00. Resetting the board sets the number to 2.4 but then when I turn the knob a small release of air happens and it displays 00 again. I thought it was a problem with the control board so I ordered a replacement and changed it but the problem still persists. I also changed out the air filter and same problem.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Need Help trying to fix Hypertherm 45 XP

Post by cuttinparts »

Sounds like a possible air pressure issue. That is not a standard error code which leads me to believe your seeing air pressure at 00 bar and when you reset the board you see 2.4 bar until you get the small release of air and it reads 00 bar again. Do you have an air pressure gauge on the back of the 45XP so you can see what the pressure is when all this is happening?
IsaacRodz19
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by IsaacRodz19 »

No I dont have one connected but I think im gonna buy one to check it out, if it is an air pressure issue what would be the next steps in fixing it?
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Well it would depend on what you find the issue to be. The gauge will verify that you have adequate air pressure and volume being supplied to the machine, if you don't that should be an easy fix to track down and repair. If you do and the problem is internal that will be more difficult.
IsaacRodz19
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by IsaacRodz19 »

Okay i’m gonna check out the air pressure next

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”