Custom macro?? or other software

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Custom macro?? or other software

Post by rock4xfab »

I currently use mach 3 with sheetcam. is there anyone that has pluggins for mach or a custom macro for corner cool = recognizes a hole or radius and sets the feed rate slower.

Also I would like a good asortment of different Fonts on hand to cut.. My cad programs is Alibrea and BobCad.. Neither of which realy haveFonts.
FiveORacing
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Custom macro?? or other software

Post by FiveORacing »

as to part two of your post Sign Torch has a large assortment of Fonts ready to cut. Check out his site. :D
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Which version of bobcad are you using. If you are using V21 and above you can down load any true type font into your windows font library and be able to access them with your text function then vectorize or explode and cut them out. bobcad is one of the easiest programs to convert and cut letters(once you figure out how to use it) you can also use bobcad to stensile any lettering once you have vectorized or exploded it just by adding and subtracting a few lines.
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

I have bobcad 21, along with 18 and 20. Also bobart and bob nest. The bobnest is not worh the space it took on my computer though. I use my alibre more. I will have to look into the font stuff,
cjdave
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cjdave »

I don't know of any macro or other that would reduce feed rate, but it would be very handy for some stuff. It would be great if we could select a: if rad is less than X reduce feed rate by X %. I wonder how hard that would be for sheetcam to incorporate into a future release, I would even pay extra for that feature.
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

cjdave wrote:I don't know of any macro or other that would reduce feed rate, but it would be very handy for some stuff. It would be great if we could select a: if rad is less than X reduce feed rate by X %. I wonder how hard that would be for sheetcam to incorporate into a future release, I would even pay extra for that feature.
I already go in and manualy set my Feed rates down on holes, but it would be nice for the software to see it like some of the high end stuff.
cjdave
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cjdave »

i have done that also. if you are using sheetcam just move all your holes to a different layer and put a new tool path on the holes. Problem with that is it can get time consuming, I do runs of parts with 50,60 or even over 100 holes in a single program. All that being said I have my machine dialed in pretty good and hole quality is not terrible for plasma. On holes I need precision I drill anyway.
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

IF you are running SheetCam there is a Post that does what you need . It slows down on arc and circles.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
bob49
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by bob49 »

i'm interested on this post as well, could you give us more info? thanks Bob
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

The post is called corner slowdown. You may have to ask LES on the yahoo forum for the post for your application THC300/MP3000. It basically slows down on a arc more than XX deg and arcs over so many deg total.

BUT slowing down is not always the answer as it will effect the THC height and kerf width as well. SOme post I tested actually turned OFF the THC during the slowdown on circles.

Just a thought, (;-)
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

This would very interesting if Less has this. at the moment I use the post for CandCNC stuff for mach. THC1000 I do believe maybe it is the 3000.. Toms stuff is way to over nomenclatured, Try and follow alont the YAhoo forums is like trying to find all the pink gumballs in the machine, some times you respond to something and someone else responds and you are not sure whos talking about what anymore. I will take a look at the Sheetcam, although I just upgraded to babcad 24 with there new nesting so they say. I also am signed up for there seminar in July so maybe I will learn something there LOL.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”