Newguy needs advice

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
Newguy419
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Newguy needs advice

Post by Newguy419 »

As my username indicates I'm new to powder coating. I got a job as a painter and it came along with additional powder coating duties. I'm not doing large-scale applications by any means. Mostly handles and knobs. And now I'm venturing into the small electrical boxes. Any tips, tricks or general advice at all would be greatly appreciated. Especially pertaining to getting rid of Orange peel. I've scaled it down by watching videos but those have only taken me so far. Thank you in advance for everything I'm about to learn.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newguy needs advice

Post by acourtjester »

Is your question about "Orange Peel" on standard paint or Powder coat??
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Newguy419
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Newguy needs advice

Post by Newguy419 »

I want to Target Orange Peel right now. But I've only used the machine a handful of times and there's not a lot of time or materials for practice. The guy who used to do it was long gone before I got there so the floor manager gave me a 5-minute walkthrough of how it works. So I had to go look up a bunch of videos to inform myself. But that is only taking me so far. I've been able to minimalize Orange Peel. But I haven't been able to outright get rid of it. I don't even know if that's possible but if it is I'd like to know how. Also, thank you.

Return to “Powder Coat”