PlasmaCam No Jog / Shuttle form Controller

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
AndyZ
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

PlasmaCam No Jog / Shuttle form Controller

Post by AndyZ »

I all,
New guy with a well used DHC2+ here. Does anyone know what the "+" means?

So I am still learning but catching on at a decent pace only being held up from having a full time job. My machine seems to be operating correctly other than I cannot seem to take control of the machine movements from the controller or the software driven controller (alt D, I think). The PC communicates with the controller and it initializes ok. I'm able to STOP the machine and all the lights seem to function correctly but no response when trying to jog the cutting head.

Any thoughts on where to look would be appreciated. I see PlasmaCAM sells a replacement controller board, are these known to malfunction?

Thanks,
Andy
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: No Jog / Shuttle form Controller

Post by weldguy »

Hey AndyZ

I am not a Pcam user and cannot help with your manual jogging issue but I saw your post and thought I would share something I found the other day. I realize your machine is operating with the exception of manual jogging so you likely are not interested in spending money on the machine but C&CNC now offers a retrofit kit for the older PlasmaCams that gets you away from their proprietary software and expensive parts. They are currently giving away one of these retrofit kits in a random draw so you may be interested in entering. More information and entry can be found here https://www.candcnc.com/store-home/the-pz-cam-retro/
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: No Jog / Shuttle form Controller

Post by tinspark »

weldguy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:21 am Hey AndyZ

I am not a Pcam user and cannot help with your manual jogging issue but I saw your post and thought I would share something I found the other day. I realize your machine is operating with the exception of manual jogging so you likely are not interested in spending money on the machine but C&CNC now offers a retrofit kit for the older PlasmaCams that gets you away from their proprietary software and expensive parts. They are currently giving away one of these retrofit kits in a random draw so you may be interested in entering. More information and entry can be found here https://www.candcnc.com/store-home/the-pz-cam-retro/
Wow, I clicked the link and checked it out. Looks pretty awesome. Wish it was a little cheaper, but then again it included a lift kit and breakaway torch mount. My PLasmaCam/Expanded GoTorch is still working fine so I do not qualify. But if I had an obsolete table that wa snot working this is sure a viable option. Also it would be a learning curve and challenge to master different CAD/Cam programs to get up and running. But would be a fun challenge! The advantage is that Design edge could still be used as a stand alone program and designs and drawings could be imported as DXF files and into the new software of choice, since most PlasmaCam users are pretty well versed in designedge software. Will have to bookmark this one!
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
rdj357

Re: PlasmaCam No Jog / Shuttle form Controller

Post by rdj357 »

If I had an obsolete table or one I could not get licensed in my name then I'd definitely look at that kit. There's no possible way I'd trade DOWN in software capability to that kit if I had a DHC+, DHC2, Samson, or GoTorch with properly licensed software available to me.

Andy,

If you're showing a DHC+ machine then it would be a machine that had been upgraded from an original DHC to the equivalent of a DHC2 machine. This upgrade would have included DesignEdge software which is currently supported, and the main necessary upgrades to have a great working table.

It sounds like the keypad is either not working at all or has been disconnected inside the controller. You can check the operation of the buttons by opening Machine-->Diagnostics and seeing that buttons are white on the screen and go yellow on when corresponding buttons are pressed on the controller. If none then it is likely unhooked and likely because of a problem so I'd plan to get one and swap it, instructions in the video manual so if you don't have one of those then get a copy when you order the pad.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”