Everlast Plasma Cutter Opinions

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Everlast Plasma Cutter Opinions

Post by cuttinparts »

The Everlast have peaked my interest lately as I am in the market to replace my dead Hypertherm (too costly to fix it this time).

What is everyones experience with these machines? Do they deliver decent cut quality? Are they reliable?

The overinflated price of a new Hypertherm and the costly sync cartridges are turning me off bigtime.

Would love to hear any good or bad about Everlast. Looking at the 82i with cnc package for myself.

Pretty slick looking unit, if it works as good as it looks I am sold.
82i.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Everlast Plasma Cutter Opinions

Post by acourtjester »

I don't have their plasma but I have 3 for their Tig units (sold the first 2 to upgrade) happy with them, just get the machine torch of easy mounting.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Thanks Tom, appreciate it. Hopefully i can hear some plasma users as well before I pull the trigger.
Polargtx
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Polargtx »

I have an 82i running on my plasmacam. It is a beast , cuts very well . Some consumables are hard to find , but overall it’s a great machine so far.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Polargtx wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:41 pm I have an 82i running on my plasmacam. It is a beast , cuts very well . Some consumables are hard to find , but overall it’s a great machine so far.
Thanks for the reply, gives me a little more confidence. I have been looking for a while and it appears as though the 82i uses the IPT80 torch and many other brands also appear to use this same torch. If this is the case and consumables are the same maybe that would make it easier to get the consumables you need.
Polargtx

Post by Polargtx »

I have found decent range for nozzle sizes(0.65mm 0.9mm 1.0mm 1.1mm 1.2mm ) shielded and unshielded, just not as readily available as some other brands..I run a machine torch with modified drag cap and shielded nozzles.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Do they specify best amperage to use for each nozzle size?
Polargtx

Post by Polargtx »

Yes,
0.9mm 30-40A
1.0mm 40-50A
1.1mm 50-60A
1.2mm 60-70A
1.3mm 70-80A
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Polargtx wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:08 pm Yes,
0.9mm 30-40A
1.0mm 40-50A
1.1mm 50-60A
1.2mm 60-70A
1.3mm 70-80A
Awesome, thank you!
IronmanMetal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by IronmanMetal »

I talked to everlast today and he said they are coming out with a new torch that uses hypertherm consumables. Its coming out in march.he said it is way better then their regular torches.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Are they going to use the sync consumables? That's supposed to be the latest/greatest. They're supposed to cut better & last longer than the old multi piece setup. Or do they say.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
IronmanMetal
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by IronmanMetal »

To talk to one of the tachs at everlast, he told me they are coming out with a new torch in march based after the hypothermia and he said the cuts much better
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

IronmanMetal wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:02 pm I talked to everlast today and he said they are coming out with a new torch that uses hypertherm consumables. Its coming out in march.he said it is way better then their regular torches.
The Everlast units I have used all were equipped with aftermarket torches (from China and Italy) that used rough copies of the older (about 25 years) Hypertherm torch technology as used on the Powermax600, Powermax1000 and Powermax1250 Hypertherm systems. These use the original blowback plunger style torches that Hypertherm developed and patented in the '80's. The next level of Hypertherm technology used the "spring electrode" blowback technology.....and these torches are used on the Powermax45xp, 65, 85 105 plasma systems. The latest from Hypertherm are the SYNC cartridge systems. Since Hypertherm develops their torch and power supplies together, don't expect the exact same results when using older technology from different manufacturers. I'm pretty sure that the manufacturers of these torches that use "Hypertherm" consumables will not be using the SYNC cartridge technology......at least not until the Hypertherm patents expire! By developing their own torches and power supply technology....the Hypertherm systems use a proprietary up ramping of cut air pressure and current (amperage) at the beginning of each cut as well as downramping at the end of each cut. this functionality dramatically improves cut quality as well as consumable life. Copying an older tech torch will not get this for you. The Hypertherm consumables do cost more at the time of purchase, but have a lower "cost of use" (longer life)....making your actual cut per foot lower. It is the buyers choice......buy the lower cost system and torch up front, or buy the technology that lowers operating cost.
northcj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by northcj »

I've been using an 82i on my table for 3 years. Have had an older hand held everlast plasma for at least 10 maybe 15 years. Happy with both. Have no problem finding consumables.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

northcj wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:44 pm I've been using an 82i on my table for 3 years. Have had an older hand held everlast plasma for at least 10 maybe 15 years. Happy with both. Have no problem finding consumables.
Thanks for the feedback, getting close to pulling the trigger on one.

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”