new torch and a powermax 45

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
vickiegib1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

new torch and a powermax 45

Post by vickiegib1 »

just got my hypertherm 45 and machine torch and the tip for it on my plasma cam dhc2 it goes where its going to cut and does not turn on wont start cutting its not detecting it?? when running the ohmic 220717 sensing retaining cap does the shield 220673 have to make contac on the shield? the thing is the torch will not spark up and then on the computer is saying that it hit the material . hypertherm did the wiring for the plasmacam we dont think its plasma cam we . please help
Last edited by vickiegib1 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
FiveORacing
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: new torch

Post by FiveORacing »

Hook up the ground? Turn on the air?

I don't have PC, but occasionally my torch gets into X,Y position and then doesn't go down and touch the plate like it's supposed to before firing. I run the tip down Z manually until it just touches, back it up to about a 1/4 inch, rewind the g-code and restart, and that usually fixes the problem. Happens maybe 1 in 50 times, usually when the torch starts out real high because I just changed the tip or put new steel down and had the tip up way high.

I also run a 45.
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: new torch

Post by BrianMick »

Check to make sure your ground clamp is on.....I had mine get knocked off and had the same problem.....took me an hour of scratching my head to figure it out
Brian

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”