Sheriff sign

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
elkriverfab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Sheriff sign

Post by elkriverfab »

Here is a Sheriff sign.
Sheriff Sign.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Sheriff sign

Post by BrianMick »

Thanks
travis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by travis »

How are you getting the text into your signs?
cnchybrid
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by cnchybrid »

Hes most likely using corel draw x4 or x5 or some version of corel and then he adds text to the working model. He then places it where he wants it to be located at and then right clicks on the text and converts it to curves. He then makes sure his text is just a bit lower than the rectangle and he uses the weld button to seal the deal.

If you need another explanation I guess I could use some screen shots with verbiage explaining the process or you just "youtube" welding text for scroll work with corel draw and that can get you somewhere.

Hope that helps.

James
elkriverfab

Post by elkriverfab »

Travis,

I draw all my signs in plasmacam.
I either draw all my text or import it as a dxf file into the software.

Once my text is on the screen (software) I draw my signs (shapes) and then move all my text into place and figure out how I want to cut it.

Once I like it, I make sure all the text will cut good without falling out and make all corrections.

I hope this helps you, it really is not hard at all.

I have just had so many years drawing in plasmacam that I have never needed to use any other software like corel or anything like that.

I have had people tell me they dont understand how I do it without those programs but I just have never needed them.

Maybe it was the sticker shock of some of them as well :shock:

I would like to play with them someday though.

If you have any other questions, just ask........Got to get back to welding now, late night for me!
travis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by travis »

i think i need the plasmacam system
elkriverfab

Post by elkriverfab »

Travis,

I know there are a lot of tables out there and I bet they all offer something good.

I am not one to say one is better than the other because I do know there are some more heavy duty models out there.
I will say that plasmacam has great software and you can almost do anything with it cutting wise.

The funny thing is, I have only begun to get into all the features in the software.
I am sure there are a lot of people who are very skilled in using it....... short cuts, drawing, editing and so on.
But I find it to be very easy when it comes to putting an idea, design or prototype into a real part or art piece.
It's great software.

The only thing I want to do is extend the table to a 4 X 8 or 4 X 10. The software does allow for this if you extend the cutting area. :D
glgsales
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by glgsales »

nice sign all I can say is "I fought the law and the the law won!" :o

I agree plasmacam is getting easier the more i work with it here at school, but like any editing software out there it's only as good as the picture quality you import into , good pic makes for good cut files .
I also use Corel 11 as well and i still have trouble editing bmp's,jpg's and eps files because I am not very patient.... :oops: tend to loose focus... :shock: and well it's just hard to learn so many things in order to help the teachers here... they just don't have the time i do to spend on plasmacam and Enroute , they have to teach autocad , inventor and project lead the way . The kids are eating that stuff up in pre-engineering class, they have to stay ahead of the kids....while teaching 4 other subjects... :cry: ok off my soap box.... :D

Love this forum....
Gary
travis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by travis »

I am looking to turn this file all into a dxf, the top lettering will curve on the top and I am looking to put bel air to curve on the bottom of the ring in coligraphy text.
I was wandering if i could get alittle help
thanks
55chevring.dxf
55chevring.ai
55chevring.ai

dreamer
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by dreamer »

Travis you can do what your talking about in desk engrave and i think it is a free down load..............Harold
GeorgeNewman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by GeorgeNewman »

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents worth. I use Corel Draw 12 to turn PDF's to DXF's. I use MS Paint to turn jpg's to bitmaps. I use inkscape to turn bitmaps (and some jpg's) to DXF's. DeskEngrave to make text (curved or straight). PlasmaCam on my laptop (Windoze 7) doesn't do text very well and I don't want to turn on another computer just to do a word or two. I use PlasmaCam 3.11 to draw anything that has to be drawn. I do some production work and some artwork. I have turned pictures into PC files. It works best if they are high contrast or just black and white. I have spent $50 on software (Corel 12 online). Everything else is free software or came with one of my computers. I have found that (for me) much of the software has so many more features than will ever be used. I try to keep it as simple as I can. I don't need to spend days or weeks learning a new program when I can do the job in 15 seconds with what I have. I love the Samson I have had for 3 1/2 years and have very few complaints about the product or service I have gotten from PlasmaCam. I have learned from here, PlasmaPig and from a Scrollsaw website I get some designs from.

I will get around to uploading a few new things when I get a little more time. The Tide and Tigers take up alot of my Saturdays for now.

George
100_1181.JPG
Doug's.jpg

travis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by travis »

How are you turning a PDF into a dxf on corel draw, is it through corel trace.
GeorgeNewman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by GeorgeNewman »

Open a blank page, import the pdf and save it as dxf. You may have to use "ungroup" for parts. If it covers more than the page size, you have to "group" everything to get it all converted to pdf. It doesn't work for all of them but it does for most. Another way to do a pdf is use copy and paste it into a drawing program. For this I use ms paint. Corel trace is too slow.

George

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”