Post processor.... generating wrong g code?

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Mr Patches
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post processor.... generating wrong g code?

Post by Mr Patches »

Well im not sure where my recent post went...I think it was moved.. Sorry if i posted it in the wrong section.. hopefully this one will work..

So my issue has been my gcode.. I recently upgraded my laptop to win 10. Its a 64 bit system that has allowed me to import r14 dxf files from inkscape.. The earlier computer was using vista and r13 files. The r13 files however would allow my cnc table to make continuous cuts uninterupted.. When i started using win 10 and r14 files that where scaled correctly ( as the r13 files would not scale in sheetcam) my gcode develped a G04 P02 set that was pausing the code after each cut. So basically y torch would fire at cutting height and not move until i pushed run . For every cut.

So with help from some awesome people on here amd instagram i went into edit gcode in mach and deleted all the generated G40 P0 codes and that fixed the isues and allows the program to run through the whole process with no pauses .

I went to sheetcam this morning ( Thank you Dennis) to see what settings i was running on hoping it was setup on the rotary tool . However it was on the plasma setup.. So my question is this. Should i mess with some different post processor options? To mabie help try and eleminate the pause codes im getting in gcode?

As for the setup im running for the cnc side i have win 7, mach3, sheetcam...... ill find out which version im running here in a few... and the CandCNC bladerunner controller.

I noticed alot of post processor options. So im curious as to which one i should be using here... :?:

Currently its setup using the DTHC-HYT_SoftPierce+Marker-rev11D (Edited)

In the notes for this post processor it says to use with Sheetcam TNG version 6.0.14 or higher or Development ver 6.1.16
And Mach3 version 3.042.067 or later..

Return to “SheetCam”