Sheet cam trouble

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
kcarpenter12
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Sheet cam trouble

Post by kcarpenter12 »

When I create a job it always places the part at the bottom left of the red screen area and shows a long blue line leading to it from the upper left corner . When I load it in mach. 3 I zero the table to the bottom left corner of the plate I'm cutting and when the program starts it starts cutting the long blue line until it gets to the part and stops cutting but continues to run the code . How do I get the part to start in the bottom left of the plate and how do I make it start on the 1 st pierce point instead of the long blue line . Also wondering if this may be a mach 3 problem also.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Sheet cam trouble

Post by beefy »

Can you upload the Sheetcam job file. If I remember correctly I couldn't upload a file with ".job" extension so you might have to change the file extension to something else to get it to upload.

It's very odd that you say "it starts cutting the long blue line". By default the blue lines are rapid moves and there should not be any cutting, just a move to the start of the next cut position.

There's more confusion in your explanation when you say that creating a job puts the drawing in the lower left. The drawing is put into the lower left when you import it, not when save everything as a job file. Creating a job doesn't put any blue lines in, they are put in after you have created an operation.

The best thing you can do is upload your job file so we can make sense of what you are trying to explain.

Keith.
Last edited by beefy on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Sheet cam trouble

Post by acourtjester »

when you import the drawing the drawing options screen comes up do you have the dot in the lower left part of the display see attached image. you may also check the machine options for the same display.
Hope that helps. Most likely the machine option is the problem maybe the table display of working envelope that all need to have the same dot in lower left. The blue line is the rapid from the start point it is not the lower left.
Attachments
shetcam.jpg
shetcam.jpg (21.3 KiB) Viewed 796 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “SheetCam”