Sheetcam problems importing drawings

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
donaldlsabo
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Sheetcam problems importing drawings

Post by donaldlsabo »

I'm stuck and I can't figure out why. I open up sheetcam and when I try to import a .dxf to post process and cut I'm not getting and scaling options. I go file>import drawing> find the drawing and when the box pops it doesn't show me the metric, inches, custom option next to where i want to position on table. It just started doing this. If I look under file>recent drawings I opened another file from last week and it opens up and i can pick my scale option and table position and it opens up fine but whenever I try to import anything now the scale options just shows 1 25:4. This happens even when I try to import the same files under the recent ones from last week. The drawing will open under recent drawing but it won't open if I try to import it. When I try to import I just get a black screen and doesn't even show red box for table size. The drawing works fine because I opened them on another computer and they work fine. Problem is I can post process other machine because its not a full version. Please help!
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam problems importing drawings

Post by abmagrum »

when you import file is dxf selected
, look at bottom did you accidently select a different file type
make sure it says dxf in file type.
hope this works
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set
donaldlsabo
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by donaldlsabo »

No it's definitely loading dxf. The weird part is if I use sheetcam on another computer and save it as a job file. I can bring that job file out to my plasma cutter and open the job file successfully and post process and it's fine. It just will not import drawings anymore
abmagrum
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by abmagrum »

did you insert the license on the sheet cam you are having problems with ?
you have to copy and insert youre license or it doesn't work right.
Arclight 4x4
hypertherm 65
corel x6
mach 3, sheet cam
miller 211 auto set

Return to “SheetCam”