Hole start and stop points in Sheetcam

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Hole start and stop points in Sheetcam

Post by Oldsarge »

I heard that in the latest version of Sheetcam there's a feature which allows you to set the end point of a circle past the start point. Is really like to try this out, but can't seem to find anything like that in Sheetcam... Does anybody know about this and how to configure it? In 1/2" plate I find the slug doesn't drop out, I often have to tap it out with a small hammer...

Thanks!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
urbnsr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Hole start and stop points in Sheetcam

Post by urbnsr »

Hey Oldsarge,

I am using the development version of SheetCam and it's in there. I thought it was also included in the sable version, but can't say that for sure.

Look for the Overcut field in the jet cutting operation window, about half-way down.

HTH
Paul
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Hole start and stop points in Sheetcam

Post by SeanP »

Good post Oldsarge!
There are some great features in the development version of sheetcam, there just doesn't seem enough talk on the best ways of using them.
I am only touching the surface with them to be honest.
I also felt the overcut feature would be very useful.
One step further I picked up from another user is the 'torch off' code snippet this in conjunction with the overcut option works really well, not just for getting parts to drop out better but also with the blowout on the back side when the torch switches off.
Adding a code 'M10P1' before the end of the cut switches the torch off while it's still moving, so far I have found it far superior to switching off at the end of cut.

One thing though, it doesn't show the torch switching off in the sheetcam simulation, but Mach picks it up ok.

Have a look at this video I took, if you look carefully you can see it happening. Link here

Hope this helps
Sean
sheetcam torch off.jpg
code snippet.jpg
code snippet.jpg (82.12 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery

Return to “SheetCam”