Correct air pressure for airbrush and FX dyes???

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Correct air pressure for airbrush and FX dyes???

Post by cbassjr »

I got a el cheapo harbor freight airbrush with the compressor to learn with (my wife threatened to beat my butt if I bought an expensive one). Anyway it is currently running at its max psi of 58. I think I've figured out how to adjust the air pressure but needed to know recommended psi when air brushing FX dyes and what you guys use when spraying oil based enamels. I played with it at the max psi but it's using way too much dye.
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Correct air pressure for airbrush and FX dyes???

Post by steelfx »

I usually run my airbrush pressure between 8 - 12 psi. IWATA? Airbrushes are the only ones that will hold up
to the solvent/s, as they're built using only stainless & teflon parts. The cheaper ones are more costly in the long run...they generally use either neoprene, butyl rubber, viton or buna seals, which will NOT hold up to the solvent/s in the Dyes or many other paints.

bw

:)

p.s. Check out the 'Metal Finishing' Forum at http://plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=80
captdick
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by captdick »

Bill which model of IWATA air brush do you use. From videos it looks like Kuston Series-Revaolation TRm Part Number4294 ? Need to order one and want to get correct one. Thanks
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

captdick wrote:Bill which model of IWATA air brush do you use. From videos it looks like Kuston Series-Revaolation TRm Part Number4294 ? Need to order one and want to get correct one. Thanks
Hi!

This is my setup...hopefully you can see the nomenclature on the gun, but you're right, it's the TR, which stands for trigger.
I also have 3 other IWATA guns that are gravity-fed, dual-action. (air/fluid button on top of the barrel).

thanks!

Bill :)

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”