anyone working with acrylic?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
dgeorgester
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

anyone working with acrylic?

Post by dgeorgester »

Hi;
Hopefully I will get my plasma table by next fall. I have about 5 years working experience with a little 4x4 PlasmaCam and I simply love the software.

I'm always looking for some interesting ideas an found these photos that really got my attention. It's an outfit out of California; Parts and Templates (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Parts-an ... 0391675852).

Is anyone using there table to scribe plexiglass, acrylic or glass? I would imagine an air scribe might work on the plastic stuff, but with what kind of results? Commonly, shops use and cnc milling with rotating end mill.

I'm looking at these pictures and can imagine some very cool cupboard doors, table tops, ad signs, address signs, wall decos.... mounted inside cnc plasma cut steel frames. Especially with programmable multicolored LED strips... and even adding cascading waterfalls?!?!? Lots of possibilities.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Samson 510
Hypertherm Powermax 85, Lincoln 256
AutoCAD
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: anyone working with acrylic?

Post by DXF »

Very cool! A friend of mine has a CNC router he built. I'm going to put him to work.

Dave Hanks

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”