plasma cam table error

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
btarr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

plasma cam table error

Post by btarr »

My table( DHC2) has been working fine and yesterday afternoon it told me error" cannot control the gantry, check wiring or obstruction. I checked all connections and things were good. There seems to be nothing obstructing it. Has anyone experienced this problem and what is the solution?
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: plasma cam table error

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Can you call PlasmaCAM?

Have you in the past & If you did, were they helpful.

Trying to evaluate PlasmaCAM service? lol lol lol

Steve :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
drakus
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by drakus »

Does it happen while you are cutting?? I get one when the nozzle tries to make contact with the steel, but won't and it gives me an error. I do not remember what it says. Not sure if that is it or not.

I had one other that I know said that error you said. I had to reboot everything, computer, pcam table, etc. Then i figured out it was a loose LPT cable. Check all connections. UNplug them and replug them back in.
--------------------------------------------------
Ted
Pcam DHC2 with the works
PM 30, 45 & 65
Corel Draw X6 - Adobe CS5
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Shut off control box, shut off computer. Unplug parallel cable, replug. Unplug both drive motor plugs and replug a couple times. Check the integrity and connections on both limit switches. Reboot computer, repower control box, initialize. If same problem still then call PlasmaCam tech service of go on the www.plasmacam.com site and enter the owners group (need your system serial number and need to join the owners group). They will help solve your issue....their service and support has been great for me (over 15 years with 3 different PlasmaCam's.)

Jim

btarr wrote:My table( DHC2) has been working fine and yesterday afternoon it told me error" cannot control the gantry, check wiring or obstruction. I checked all connections and things were good. There seems to be nothing obstructing it. Has anyone experienced this problem and what is the solution?
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

You have to make it hard don't you . . . . . lol lol lol :D

"their service and support has been great for me (over 15 years with 3 different PlasmaCam's")

Keep saying all that good stuff about PlasmaCAM makes it really hard to be objective about other brands you know. . . .

Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
drakus
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by drakus »

CNCCAJUN wrote:You have to make it hard don't you . . . . . lol lol lol :D

"their service and support has been great for me (over 15 years with 3 different PlasmaCam's")

Keep saying all that good stuff about PlasmaCAM makes it really hard to be objective about other brands you know. . . .

LOL

I've owned one for 2 years and IMO, they have the best tech support group around. I literally spent 5-6 hours on the phone with them in one day. I was getting pissed off (due to my stupidity) and George (I think that is who I talked to) was calm as could be and stayed on the phone til I got it set right and working properly.
--------------------------------------------------
Ted
Pcam DHC2 with the works
PM 30, 45 & 65
Corel Draw X6 - Adobe CS5
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

drakus wrote:

LOL

I've owned one for 2 years and IMO, they have the best tech support group around. I literally spent 5-6 hours on the phone with them in one day. I was getting pissed off (due to my stupidity) and George (I think that is who I talked to) was calm as could be and stayed on the phone til I got it set right and working properly.
You guys are killing me . . . I really want a Big Red Dynatorch . . . . but I see all these fantastic projects cut on PlasmaCAM after PlasmaCAM . . . lol lol lol :-)

Steve
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The two biggies in the low cost cnc market are PlasmaCam and Torchmate. Each has about 15,000 to 20,000 machines in the field, far more than anyone else. That is why you likely see more projects cut with these units than a DynaTorch or a dozen or more other brands in the under $20k cnc plasma machine market.

I have both PlasmaCam and Torchmate machines in my shop, of these two I personally prefer the PlasmaCam....mostly based on its excellent software, but also its height control and servo drives. The Torchmate does not get used....so much easier on the PlasmaCam!

There are many other great brands, and DynaTorch is one of them. So is TruCut, ArcLight Dynamics, EZCut, TrackerCNC, and a few others.....I just don't have every one of them!

The keys to good cut quality: Easy to learn, easy to use CAD and CAM software, wide cut speed range (5 to 300 ipm at least), excellent acceleration, accurate and repeatable height control, ohmic plate sensing, and a good plasma. Often the plasma gets balmed when cut quality is bad....cut quality is a well choreographed dance between all of the machine components...

Jim Colt

CNCCAJUN wrote:
drakus wrote:

LOL

You guys are killing me . . . I really want a Big Red Dynatorch . . . . but I see all these fantastic projects cut on PlasmaCAM after PlasmaCAM . . . lol lol lol :-)

Steve

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”