Mach4?

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
MidAmericaIron
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Mach4?

Post by MidAmericaIron »

Has anyone heard any rumors of the upgraded Mach4 coming out any time soon? I am thinking about purchasing a new TruCut CNC machine, and would hate to buy it now and then a month later they come out with Mach4.
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Mach4?

Post by trucutcnc »

There is no projected release date for Mach4. It's been a month away for about 2 years now. From what I hear, they are building it in modules. Each module adds functionality. Since our THC runs outside of Mach, all we require is basic motion control, so the transition to Mach4 won't be a big deal.

Mach3 will still be available, it just won't be actively supported by Artsoft. The good news is that the latest version is stable with no apparent bugs. Everyone I talk to in the industry using Mach is planning on running Mach3 as long as it is available.

We are planning on transitioning to Mach4 if it is ever released. We will port our screensets to Mach4 so current Mach3 users can upgrade at no charge.
--------------------------------------------
http://www.trucutcnc.com
Ross Carlisle
Jackson, TN
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

I surely would not want a copy of Mach4 until it has been in the hands of experienced "REAL" users, not software BETA testers.

I am the proud owner of a brand new copy of AutoDAD 2014. The Service Packs are already coming out . . .

Steve in Louisiana . . :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by trucutcnc »

CNCCAJUN wrote:I surely would not want a copy of Mach4 until it has been in the hands of experienced "REAL" users, not software BETA testers.

I am the proud owner of a brand new copy of AutoDAD 2014. The Service Packs are already coming out . . .

Steve in Louisiana . . :D
The first year after it's release, will basically be the debug stage. Then you'll see some start to transition to it.

We use Rhino3D. Version 5 just came out and although I've never noticed any issues, a new update becomes available once a week or so. Beta testing is good, but the real testing comes from the user base. Microsoft pioneered this method.
--------------------------------------------
Ross Carlisle
Jackson, TN
cindy carlisle
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by cindy carlisle »

[quote="CNCCAJUN

Steve in Louisiana . . :D[/quote]

Hey JJ Customs,

I this what you got too :) Congrats on the new addition!!! :D

You do great work with your set up, sorry you are selling it.
Cindy
615-290-6260

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”