"Run From Here" Problem

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
t8017e
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

"Run From Here" Problem

Post by t8017e »

Has anyone had success with the "Run From Here" option. If I stop in the middle of a cut, I can never restart from where it stopped. Is there a trick to be able to restart in the middle of a G-code?
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: "Run From Here" Problem

Post by I Lean »

"Run from Here" works, but "Set next line" is better. It doesn't have to run through the whole code to get back to where you are. Unless I stopped the program on purpose (feed hold button), then I just click "Run" again.

You still need to scroll to wherever you want it to be....I use the M05 prior to where I want it to start cutting.

That's unless something happened to make your table lose position, in that case you'll need to do more stuff to re-establish position. Hopefully you have reliable home switches, and remembered to set a reference point for your 0,0 mark before starting cutting.
Diverdude
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Diverdude »

If I use run from here, I do like Ilean said and go back to the Mo5 and then back up 3 step and run from there. After that, I zero the Z-drive. I think it will say it needs to move to point X. After it moves, I zero the Z-drive aagin and the start the run. I have it writin down and keep it on my machine I'm just not near it to be exact.
PlasmaRoute HD 4x4
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

As in above I back up in the code display to the cut preceding the cut where it faulted and then hit "run from here"
It will scroll back through the code and stop at that point but while going through the code the "Z" setting will be in the neagtaive so zero the "z" and hit "run"
It will then ask about moving to the pre determined coordinate, Hit "OK" it will then rapid to that point
Hit "run" and as it was in the previous cut part it will just run on the cut path with no torch, at the end of that cut it will now move to the cut where it faulted, it will do it's usual touch off to set height, as the torch light come on I hit the "Torch" switch to turn it off and let it run the path and then hit "torch" to fire and continue as normal.
Murray

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”