Plasma Cam going crazy agian-Need help

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
customart
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Plasma Cam going crazy agian-Need help

Post by customart »

A few months back Plasma Cam was coming up with an error Out Of Memory. The techs at Plasma Cam helped and we fixed the problem, or so I thought. It is doing it again. I can save files then try to open them and they are gone. Or they say Out of Memory. I think I have figured out one of the problems, but I need some one with more experience than me to answer the question.
For some reason when it saves a file it is saving it as G-Code. Some of the files will open and some will not. It takes for ever for them to open. Should it be saving them as G-Code, I think when I had the problem last time the tech told me that Plasma Cam could not read G-Code files. Need some help with this issue.

Thanks,
Carol
Dan-PlasmaCAM
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Plasma Cam going crazy agian-Need help

Post by Dan-PlasmaCAM »

customart wrote:A few months back Plasma Cam was coming up with an error Out Of Memory. The techs at Plasma Cam helped and we fixed the problem, or so I thought. It is doing it again. I can save files then try to open them and they are gone. Or they say Out of Memory. I think I have figured out one of the problems, but I need some one with more experience than me to answer the question.
For some reason when it saves a file it is saving it as G-Code. Some of the files will open and some will not. It takes for ever for them to open. Should it be saving them as G-Code, I think when I had the problem last time the tech told me that Plasma Cam could not read G-Code files. Need some help with this issue.

Thanks,
Carol
Out of Memory is going to be a computer issue. IE your computer may not have enough memory for the software.

What is the file extension? PlasmaCAM will export G-Code but you must hit export not save. If it saves the file will be in a .pcm file.

PlasmaCAM can read G-Code- you would need to hit import g-code. Very rare to be doing this when cutting on a machine. Usually reserved to customers who are cutting files they made on some other program.

Call (719) 676-2701 to speak with someone live.
Dan-PlasmaCAM

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”