x axis not saying put

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

x axis not saying put

Post by bigcreek »

Gents and Ladies,

Question for ya'all. I have a Sampson table. When I move the x axis from the control knob and let off the carriage stops then instead of staying put it goes back 1/4" to 3/8" in the opposite direction of initial movement every single time. Just started doing it. It will do it regardless of where it is on the table and there is no cable pulling on it. What do you suppose the problem might be?

While Im here Ill throw this out as well. Today I got through cutting 12 hours worth of 1/4" steel. No problems. I throw a sheet of aluminum and some 16 gauge steel on the table afterwards and adjusted the settings per the hypertherm manual (powermax 65) but cannot keep the torch from diving into the material... Changed the arc voltage shift a hundred times, cut height, material thickness, cut speed, not sure what the deal is. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Josh
Mountain Home
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: x axis not saying put

Post by Mountain Home »

The diving torch problem sounds like a piece of slag between your shield and nozzle.
Francisco

Post by Francisco »

On your X-axis problem: with the torch to the home (0,0) position, check if the gantry is correctly aligned. When you gently hold the gantry as to depress the X limit switch, the yellow tabs at either end of the carriage should simultaneously touch the frame.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

Thanks to both of you for the replies, Ill look into your suggestions tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Josh

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”