Bottle opener designs

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Bottle opener designs

Post by tinspark »

I drew this simple bottle opener up this morning matching one of those super old school winding hand can openers that have this style of bottle opener attached to it as a 2 in one tool.
I wanted this style instead of the hole styles that are also posted in this thread, for a little something that I was working on and will be blending this style into a funny piece that I will be doing for a buddy's adult daughter. I will be deleting the handle and only added it for u guys. I will try to post up a pic of it when its done, but thought a few of you might opt to use this in the future and add to your vast array of dxf files like I have LOL!! have fun :-)
#Dougs bottle opener.dxf

5061A7F2-4856-4184-9B6F-789449192823.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Nice work Doug! When I first stared to read your post and saw the first image, I imagined this to be an April Fools joke. But then I realized it is only February and read a little bit further down and finally got the gist of your post. Thanks for sharing.
David
J-SIG
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by J-SIG »

tinspark wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:52 pm I drew this simple bottle opener up this morning matching one of those super old school winding hand can openers that have this style of bottle opener attached to it as a 2 in one tool.
I wanted this style instead of the hole styles that are also posted in this thread, for a little something that I was working on and will be blending this style into a funny piece that I will be doing for a buddy's adult daughter. I will be deleting the handle and only added it for u guys. I will try to post up a pic of it when its done, but thought a few of you might opt to use this in the future and add to your vast array of dxf files like I have LOL!! have fun :-)
Worst part is I have 3 or 4 of the "old school" openers yet! Grew up in the 60's to 70's dealt with them since I was a kid! Never thought of the bottle opener being different!
Thanks for sharing!

Jeff
Jeff S.
J-SIG Manufacturing
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

adbuch wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:55 pm Nice work Doug! When I first stared to read your post and saw the first image, I imagined this to be an April Fools joke. But then I realized it is only February and read a little bit further down and finally got the gist of your post. Thanks for sharing.
David
HAAH!!
Yeah I can see it really as being a nothing burger file. I was just in need of the end part of the bottle opener for basically a gag joke, my buddy's daughter who is always razzing me, and I thought that I'd post it up, since I haven't seen this style here. I was actually looking for style a few years back on this site, and didn't see and just made something else work. it took longer to dig out the old can opener than to draw the thing up..
These little can openers work great, and I'd betcha many of the members (young ones) on this site have never used one. and a portion have never even seen one..
Just needed the bottle opener part to add to a funny little cut out to give someone who is always trying to get under my skin as a funny payback. hahah!
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Hypertherm 45XP-
tinspark

Post by tinspark »

J-SIG wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:44 pm
tinspark wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:52 pm I drew this simple bottle opener up this morning matching one of those super old school winding hand can openers that have this style of bottle opener attached to it as a 2 in one tool.
Worst part is I have 3 or 4 of the "old school" openers yet! Grew up in the 60's to 70's dealt with them since I was a kid! Never thought of the bottle opener being different!
Thanks for sharing!

Jeff
This is page 4 0f 4 of the bottle opener thread. And the ones on pages 1-3 are all the open hole style openers. I thought that I'd throw this old school style to the mix. That way if someone wanted to make a different style of opener they could scab this old school jobber. or as in my case, if they didn't have room in their "cutout" for the larger hole opener (like all of the same style on pgs. 1-3 of this thread) as an option.
But as far as the can openers themselves, like in the picture, yeah they are indestructible and are great for camping. I seem to be able to find only 1 of them in my junk drawer. I have opened 100's of cans with these things, and also grew up in the mid 60's and 70's. But didn't use the bottle opener end of it too much though. This may have been one of the first multi-tools that noone thinks about anymore.
I have showed all 3 of my kids how to use them over the years and they hate them, and forget how to use them, and need retraining each time they try tem camping and such. jee-wiz what's this world coming to.. :HaHa :HaHa
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Hypertherm 45XP-
Dirtmotor

Post by Dirtmotor »

I cut the batman one a while back , looks good but you need to wear gloves to use it , way too sharp ...

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”