hunter special

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hunter special

Post by plain ol Bill »

bwjls you should not have a problem cutting the strings at that width. Now with that said - something is not right then. Send Jim Colt a message about your problem. If anyone can help you it is Jim.
I use a HP1250 and have no problem cutting this image in 14 ga. using finecuts, 40 amps and can't remember the speed without going out to the shop to check.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
akpilot
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by akpilot »

bwjls wrote:I have a stupid question.... how are you guys cutting this out at two foot ... when importing into my software ( plasma cam ) the bow strings are 0.071 inches wide ... the smallest we have succesfully cut is 0.1inches wide ... we are using a plasma cam 4 x 4 table with a hypertherm powermax 30 ... any insight at all would be greatly appreciated... this is driving me crazy
I have a torchmate 2x2, so I scaled the file so it would fit the size I needed then adjusted all the string widths in the file to .8, It came out great.
mdwalker

Post by mdwalker »

bwjls wrote:I have a stupid question.... how are you guys cutting this out at two foot ... when importing into my software ( plasma cam ) the bow strings are 0.071 inches wide ... the smallest we have succesfully cut is 0.1inches wide ... we are using a plasma cam 4 x 4 table with a hypertherm powermax 30 ... any insight at all would be greatly appreciated... this is driving me crazy
I have cut 2 of them. Cut on 4x4 PlasmaCam with Hypertherm Powermax 1000, fine cut consumables. Cut out of 14ga hot rolled. Don't remember the settings but they would be pretty close to Hypertherm chart for that gauge and consumables. This is where your torch offset setting makes a difference. Make sure your offset is set correctly and make sure you are using new consumables. You will want to cut at fastest speed that will still give a quality cut.

Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

When you guys post this to your system, Using offsets are you posting layers and doing inside offset on one and outside offsets on others or do you just pick outside offset and post the entire part.. I am using Mach with Sheetcam. Just looking for general to look for on other thing I may make or what to look for before posting.

Thanks Scott
mdwalker

Post by mdwalker »

rock4xfab wrote:When you guys post this to your system, Using offsets are you posting layers and doing inside offset on one and outside offsets on others or do you just pick outside offset and post the entire part.. I am using Mach with Sheetcam. Just looking for general to look for on other thing I may make or what to look for before posting.

Thanks Scott
Scott,

I'm not familiar with sheetcam but with PlasmaCam I just select the entire drawing and select convert to cut path. Then one click on the drawing & it automatically converts the entire drawing to cut paths. It is critical on fine parts to have your offset set correctly and be using new or like new consumables.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
slvr98svt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by slvr98svt »

I finally got around to cutting a couple of these for an outdoor show next week I am going to. Used some .063 diamond plate to make some universal sayings on them! Hope they cause some interest.

tony_p
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by tony_p »

Have you considered the same rack with a Bear or an Elk?
I don't have the talent to do something this nice.
I had a local shop cut this one for me with their laser. Just about everyone that sees it wants one.
They have made quite a few of them.
They had one Camouflaged by a local hydrographics shop, it looks very cool.
I also donated one to a fundraiser for kids, that went over very well.
Very nice work.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”