Tool & Garage Organization Thread

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Tool & Garage Organization Needed

Post by cbassjr »

Thanks keep them coming. Just saved me $1,000.00 on a new HF tool box I was looking at. I posted these the other day but they are awesome paint hangers. They are set up for 2" square tubing and can keep and hold a pretty good load and designed to grip. They do require welding the 2 pieces together aligning the center points and designed for cutting out of10 guage.
tmp_28143-20150123_094934-1283600274.jpg
Paint Hangers.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Biker
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Biker »

KKroger,

Thanks for your DXF file for the vise grip hanger. I cut one out as well. I changed mine to how 20 vise grips. The only trouble I had was my torch stop cutting about 5 times cutting the letters. I just reset the torch and it could cut some more. I did cut everything and didn't have any problems cutting the out side and the slotted holes. Sure would like to know why this is happen. Also what font did you use and what drawing program did you use. your idea sure did make me think of other things to cut out but haven cut any yet.
CandCNC Blade Runner Dragon cut 620 Ethercut + DTHCIV
Precision Plasma 5 X 10
Mach 3
Sheetcam
Hypertherm Powermax 85
kkroger
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kkroger »

Biker wrote:KKroger,

Thanks for your DXF file for the vise grip hanger. I cut one out as well. I changed mine to how 20 vise grips. The only trouble I had was my torch stop cutting about 5 times cutting the letters. I just reset the torch and it could cut some more. I did cut everything and didn't have any problems cutting the out side and the slotted holes. Sure would like to know why this is happen. Also what font did you use and what drawing program did you use. your idea sure did make me think of other things to cut out but haven cut any yet.
MS Stencil, I used CAD software to create the keyholes, Slots, Dash, I've also used Font 2 DXF, Stencil Font, and Desk Engrave. Cuts fine for me. I have had issues with Font 2 DXF and Stencil Font making the letters out of about a billion points and small straight sections on all of the curves... VERY annoying, I did the font on the Air Tool Rack that way then "Fixed" it in CAD with curves and straight sections to get rid of the annoying billion segment curves...
Biker
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Biker »

kkroger wrote:

MS Stencil, I used CAD software to create the keyholes, Slots, Dash, I've also used Font 2 DXF, Stencil Font, and Desk Engrave. Cuts fine for me. I have had issues with Font 2 DXF and Stencil Font making the letters out of about a billion points and small straight sections on all of the curves... VERY annoying, I did the font on the Air Tool Rack that way then "Fixed" it in CAD with curves and straight sections to get rid of the annoying billion segment curves...
KKroger, Can you install MS stencil in autocad. If so where di I find this and how.
CandCNC Blade Runner Dragon cut 620 Ethercut + DTHCIV
Precision Plasma 5 X 10
Mach 3
Sheetcam
Hypertherm Powermax 85
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

cbassjr wrote:Thanks keep them coming. Just saved me $1,000.00 on a new HF tool box I was looking at. I posted these the other day but they are awesome paint hangers. They are set up for 2" square tubing and can keep and hold a pretty good load and designed to grip. They do require welding the 2 pieces together aligning the center points and designed for cutting out of10 guage.
Thanks for the great files here's a pic of the organization.
tmp_2516-20150123_104952-188063199.jpg

OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by OTHill »

Here is a simple tool holder I designed and cut out today.Modify it if you want or use as is only bending out the ones you need.
12x48 tool holder.dxf

5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
kkroger
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kkroger »

Biker wrote:
kkroger wrote:

KKroger, Can you install MS stencil in autocad. If so where di I find this and how.
Don't know, I have created text in MS Paint then saved it as a .jpg and path traced it in Inkscape before.
Stencil and Stencil Std are native to Microsoft, so if the software uses TTF then you can use it. Inkscape can use it and you can create text in Inkscape with it.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

If you have the font make sure it is in your Windows/Fonts folder, Autocad should recognize it from there. If not install it in the Program Files/Autocad/fonts folder.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
AIRFLOWKID
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by AIRFLOWKID »

Thanks all for the great ideas ans files!! :ugeek:
dichdoc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by dichdoc »

My version of the drill holder, works good
DrillHolder2.jpg

Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Capstone »

dichdoc wrote:My version of the drill holder, works good
So well in fact that the drills, when put in this holder, can defy the very laws of gravity. *chuckle*
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
pipeliner
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by pipeliner »

Thanks All !!! the great minds of the craftsman on this site is what takes it over the top !!!
Doc Hollywood
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Tool & Garage Organization Thread

Post by Doc Hollywood »

Thanks kindly guys! Great files!
Doc
BarnFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BarnFab »

Here is a spanner rack I made
GearWrench8To25mm.dxf

BarnFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BarnFab »

Here is another, sure you get the idea by now lol
spannerrack36to8mm.dxf

BarnFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BarnFab »

And here is a rack for deep impact sockets
SnapOnImpactSockets.dxf

odha
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by odha »

thanks for all the "nice racks" time to get organized
cvmetalman
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cvmetalman »

Here are a couple organizers I made for my Metals Lab and student tool cabinet.
Pliers Hanger Single.dxf
COLLET SHELF.dxf

Brew Worx
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Brew Worx »

My contribution is not a burned out part, but i find it useful....
2015-05-28 13.41.07.jpg

Brew Worx.
Blue Frog Metal Works
Chicagoland
Arclight 4800 :D :D
Hypertherm 45
4 inch tube cutter
Mach 3, SheetCAM, Solid Edge 2D, Solid Works 3D, CREO, Inkscape, and a few cobb webs
chattacuda

Post by chattacuda »

what a great idea!! I hate dripping messy funnels. Going to steal this one for sure
chattacuda from Dayton, Tennessee
CandCNC electronics, Precision Plasma V rail gantry, homemade 4'x8' water table, Sharpe Air Dryer
Hyperthem 45XP, CommandCNC, Sheetcam, Corel Draw
kazlx
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by kazlx »

Small organizer I made for the top of my lathe. Tired of digging around a pile of wrenches and stuff. Could easily plasma out of one piece (my plasma wasn't running when I made it). The top on mine is aluminum and I have just been laying out holes as I need them. Holds my chuck key, specific allen wrenches for my tool holders and compound, sharpies and other stuff. Could easily be adapted to hold desktop type stuff. I plan on adding a bottom plate for everything to sit on.
DetroitMotionCo.
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by DetroitMotionCo. »

cbassjr wrote:Thanks keep them coming. Just saved me $1,000.00 on a new HF tool box I was looking at. I posted these the other day but they are awesome paint hangers. They are set up for 2" square tubing and can keep and hold a pretty good load and designed to grip. They do require welding the 2 pieces together aligning the center points and designed for cutting out of10 guage.
I'm not sure I can wrap my mind around the way these are used. Can you elaborate?
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobertJohnson »

Just stick tubing through the big holes, hang wire from the teeth. That's how I see them working, for the paint hangars. Great idea.
Ghost
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Ghost »

I too would like to see pic of these in use. I think I have the image in my head but... lol
Binderman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Binderman »

http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16862

Everybody needs more shelving.................... :D

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”