Candcnc y axis issue

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Candcnc y axis issue

Post by Metriccar »

I'm trying to set My machine up and on the Y axis it's like one motor wants to go one way and the other motor wants to go another way also I can't job using my keyboard I can only jog By clicking in various areas by using my mouse and pointing on the screen in the job section in Mach 3
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Candcnc y axis issue

Post by Oldsarge »

In Mach you have to slave the second motor.... Usually the A.... And in your tuning make sure your steps match on the A and Y axis. I suggest you join the Yahoo group for CandCNC.... You can get some really good information there from Tom himself....

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Candcnc y axis issue

Post by Metriccar »

Will do. This machine was supposed to be tested first. I noticed the connector that plugs the y axis into blade runner does not go in and secure correctly. The x axis connector goes in there fine but the y axis connector won't fit into any of them. This connector seems to be defective. I took some of the casting off the connector. Plugged it in and both axis work properly. Thanks

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”